We have an exciting new opportunity to join our External Reporting Team - reporting directly to the Head of External Reporting!
Within this role you will lead the Technical Accounting team, responsible for the application of GAAP and relevant accounting standards (IFRS) across the Group, the development and roll out of relevant Group accounting policies & processes and to ensure compliance with all Ocado reporting requirements (including Internal Audit) as they relate to technical accounting. You will interact closely with colleagues across Finance and the wider business and will play an active role in shaping and developing the team while embedding a culture of strong controls and continuous improvement.
The Technical Accounting Senior Finance Manager will be required to support the Finance Department and be responsible for the ownership of technical accounting processes, procedures and manuals. This includes providing technical accounting policy guidance, liaising with the Group’s auditors, working closely with the wider Finance teams and providing expert advice to the wider Finance and business teams.
The position presents the opportunity and challenge of working in both a dynamic and exciting environment within the UK’s largest listed technology company, disrupting the world of online grocery and fulfilment.
What you will be doing?
- Formulating technical accounting policies, providing technical advice and guidance to the rest of the business in relation to IFRS accounting treatments of various matters (including advising the business in relation to new commercial contracts)
- Lead and manage the performance and development of the Technical Accounting team, embedding a strong controls culture and one of continuous improvement
- Supporting the year end and half year end processes, ensuring reporting is prepared in accordance with IFRS accounting standards
- Overall responsibility for the technical accounting related disclosures/information contained within in the Annual Report
- Liaising with the relevant departments on the preparation of information for the year end audit and the interim review
- Responsibility for compliance with the audit process, ensure information request and deadlines are met and accurate information is provided to the Group’s auditors on time
- Overall responsibility for the provision of technical accounting guidance to the Group’s subsidiaries
- Presenting technical accounting updates to senior management and governance committees (Audit)
- Formulating financial reporting policy, providing advice and guidance to the rest of the business regarding technical accounting obligations & requirements
- Manage the implementation of new accounting standards, working with colleagues across finance to embed the required processes
- Ownership of the relevant Ocado Group policies and manuals, providing insight across Commercial Finance as well as other teams
- A key contributor to commercial projects such as acquisitions; providing guidance and advice on technical accounting matters
- Qualified ACA , including extensive time in a large-scale plc reporting environment (FTSE250+)
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS and experience of preparing/auditing financial statements under IFRS
- Keen interest in technical accounting
- Some experience of ERP systems (e.g. Oracle Financials)
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...