We have an exciting new opportunity to join our External Reporting Team - reporting directly to the Head of External Reporting!
Within this role you will be responsible for leading an External Reporting team, with accountability for the accurate and timely delivery of key financial reporting (including the Group’s Full Year Results, Half Year Results and Subsidiary entity accounts). You will interact closely with colleagues across Finance and the wider business and will play an active role in shaping and developing the team while embedding a culture of strong controls and continuous improvement.
The External Reporting Senior Manager will be required to support the Finance Department; responsible for the ownership of the external reporting processes. This includes owning Group reporting policy and providing policy guidance, liaising with the Group’s auditors, working closely with the wider Finance teams, and providing expert advice as required.
The position presents the opportunity and challenge of working in both a dynamic and exciting environment within the UK’s largest listed technology company, disrupting the world of online grocery and fulfilment.
What you will be doing?
- Lead and manage the performance and development of the Group External Reporting team, embedding a strong controls culture and one of continuous improvement
- Responsibility for the year end and half year end processes, ensuring reporting is prepared in accordance with IFRS and relevant statutory reporting requirements
- Liaise with the Group tax teams on reporting & disclosures
- Overall responsibility for the preparation and presentation of all financial information within in the Annual Report
- Liaising with the relevant departments on the preparation of information for the year end audit and the interim review
- Responsibility for compliance with the audit process, ensure information request and deadlines are met and accurate information is provided to the Group’s auditors on time
- Overall responsibility for preparation of financial statement submissions for the Group’s subsidiaries and ensuing that filing deadlines are met
- Presenting reporting and submission updates to senior management and governance committees (Audit)
- Formulating financial reporting policy in conjunction with the technical accounting team, providing advice and guidance to the rest of the business in relation to financial reporting obligations and requirements
- Manage the implementation of new accounting standards and other external reporting requirements, working with colleagues across finance to embed the required processes
- Ownership of the relevant Ocado Group reporting policies and manuals, providing insight across Commercial Finance as well as other teams
- A key contributor to commercial projects such as acquisitions; providing guidance and advice on reporting implications
- Support ad hoc initiatives such as implementing better financial controls
- Qualified ACA including extensive time in a large-scale plc reporting environment (FTSE250+)
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS and experience of preparing/auditing financial statements under IFRS
- Keen interest in financial reporting advancements and practical implications
- Some experience of ERP systems (e.g. Oracle Financials)
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...