A key member of the Technical Accounting Team - reporting directly to the Senior Finance Manager of Technical accounting within Group External Reporting, the Technical Accounting SFA will be responsible for undertaking technical accounting activities/processes including the application, advising and reporting on of GAAP and relevant accounting standards.
What you will be doing?
- Supporting the development of technical accounting policies, providing technical advice, support and guidance to the rest of the business in relation to IFRS accounting treatments of various matters (including advising the business in relation to new commercial contracts)
- Support the development of the Technical Accounting team, embedding a strong controls culture and one of continuous improvement
- Supporting the year end and half year end processes, ensuring reporting is prepared in accordance with IFRS accounting standards
- Responsibility for the technical accounting related disclosures/information contained within in the Annual Report
- Liaising with the relevant departments on the preparation of information for the year end audit and the interim review
- Responsibility for compliance with the audit process, ensure information requests and deadlines are met and accurate information is provided to the Group’s auditors on time
- Provision of technical accounting guidance to the Group’s subsidiaries
- Presenting technical accounting updates to senior management and governance committees (Audit)
- Support in formulating financial reporting policy, providing advice and guidance to the rest of the business regarding technical accounting obligations & requirements
- Support the implementation of new accounting standards, working with colleagues across finance to embed the required processes
- Document of relevant Ocado Group policies and manuals, providing insight across Commercial Finance as well as other teams
- A key contributor to commercial projects such as acquisitions; providing guidance and advice on technical accounting matters
- Support ad hoc initiatives such as implementing better financial controls
- Qualified ACA with 2+ years PQE, including extensive time in a large-scale plc reporting environment (FTSE250+)
- Strong academics; minimum 2,1 at degree level
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS and experience of preparing/auditing financial statements under IFRS
- Keen interest in technical accounting
- Some experience of ERP systems (e.g. Oracle Financials (Desirable
- Competent Microsoft Word user (Desirable)
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills (Desirable)
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...