2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Our mission is clear : “Always Way Ahead - the unquestioned market leading end to end solution, anywhere in the World, from both a consumer experience & operational economics perspective"
The Solutions Executive reporting to the Head of Solutions Management supports the Solutions Managers across accounts providing client support implementing the Ocado Smart Platform Roadmap in their organisation.
About the Ocado Smart Platform, known as OSP
OSP is our end to end solution currently focussed on the grocery category, to allow retailers around the World to allow them to compete against platform competitors such as Alibaba, Amazon & JD.com.
Our end to end solution includes all of the software from e-commerce through to final mile routing as well as store based solutions, plus our hardware including our fully automated CFCs (CFC = Customer Fulfillment Centre).
We are unique amongst other vendors, in that not only is our solution end to end, we also use all of these capabilities to power our own market leading online only retailers in the UK.
- The Solutions Executive provides support to the Solutions Management team in implementing the Business Readiness Programme and the end to end capabilities roadmap.
- Work closely with Ocado Solutions client side programme / account management team to keep a positive client relationship and to ensure consistent and aligned messaging.
- Support the Solutions Managers by organising and facilitating multiple client sessions including Deep Dive and User Story workshops.
- Ensure knowledgeable understanding of all relevant client roadmap elements.
- Own specific projects for various clients on behalf of the Solutions Managers and Head of Solutions Managements to support implementation of the Programme
- They will support the Ocado implementation team as a key point of contact between the client, Ocado Solutions, Technology and CFC teams.
- Support the Solutions Managers by discussing requirements with the client, and communicate up and coming features and launch timelines to Client.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Ideally experience working cross-functionally and cross-shore, both internally and externally, to drive partnerships or projects
- Ideally Experience in managing strategic partnerships or client relationships
- Fluent in both Japanese and English
- Perfect patience
- Negotiation skills that impress all around
- Loves to be client facing, enjoys challenging conversations and resolving conflicting agendas
- Experience working for technology companies - managing clients needs and strategic objectives
- Ability to understand technical complex subjects and technologies
- Excellent problem solving and strong analytical skills
- Retail / Grocery industry knowledge desirable
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Results driven
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
**Our end to end solution (not an exhaustive list): e-commerce, manual & automated pick, supply chain, final mile, AI & ML, new emerging technologies, automation/robotisation, customer relationship management / customer service
We will always aim to respond to everyone who applies for one of our roles. Sometimes though we have a lot of applicants and it takes us a little while to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of your application, then you should take it that you have not been successful on this occasion and accept our apologies that we didn’t manage to get back to you personally.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.