As the Global Training Manager, you are responsible for the governance, implementation and successful delivery of engaging end to end training programmes to Ocado engineering colleagues, in the UK and Internationally.
Acting as the central point of contact in the Client Services Central Engineering Training team and a conduit for key stakeholders across the business and Ocado SME’s for all matters training related that’ll empower engineering colleagues to work in a safe, efficient and client-focused relationship management on site. Working collaboratively with teams across Client Services and, a wide range of internal stakeholders and subject matter experts you will understand each roles specific training requirements and be instrumental in creating, coordinating and successfully delivering the Client Services global engineering training strategy through your team via the digital-first approach.
To ensure we continue surprising and delighting our clients it’s imperative you own any subsequent project plans and continue developing training content needed to deliver our ever-expanding portfolio of products to ensure everyone is upskilled in several languages with many conflicting priorities.
As this role will be multifaceted, acting in a professional and engaging manner, delivering high-quality work and on time are essential. Along with the latest thought leadership to make our learning solutions scalable and sustainable utilising digital platforms for scalability.
So what's the role?
Reporting into the Senior Project and Development Manager and the Central Engineering Team, you will be working alongside key stakeholders across Ocado Client Services including ,Central engineering, Engineering Operations site teams, Client Services SLT, Client Services, Ocado People team, Ocado Technology, Construction & Implementation, Ocado Fulfilment, Health & Safety and Senior management.
This role will require you to interface with direct and indirect reports both in the UK & globally and mobilise your team when needed to support them.
Due to the fast-changing team structure in Ocado Client Services, there is scope for this role change and the responsibility to broaden.
- Work collaboratively with Ocado Subject Matter Experts and other internal stakeholders to design, develop and deliver training for both physical and virtual workshops and any other supporting materials needed for UK and global colleagues
- Develop effective, trust-based relationships with stakeholders, performing comprehensive training needs analysis with each new site/region to understand their requirements and create best in class end-to-end training programmes that are aligned to the Client Services mission
- Effectively manage and upskill the Training team (direct reports, indirect reports and site-based trainers), supporting them with their ongoing development
- Proactively work with key stakeholders to continue developing our portfolio of training content to support the release and deployment of new OCS MHE products.
- Project manage multiple clients and projects, tracking progress across all work streams associated with the delivery of exceptional learning experiences e.g. comms, logistics, tech etc.
- Lead and drive consistency and quality of training content, proactively seeking feedback (using recognised methodologies) from clients and internal stakeholders for the purpose of continuously improving our learning materials
- Engage and work with third-party companies when required to support the creation of content and support materials
- Representing the Client Services workstream in ongoing project programme meetings
- International and domestic travel to meet the requirements of this role
- Delivery of the global ‘Training Excellence Programme’
- Utilise, champion and demonstrate the efficacy of the learning management platform, Litmos
- Enable the implementation of a new, bespoke document management system
- Implement the new global training framework to facilitate a ‘digital first’ data-driven training strategy
- Ensure all teams in all territories have localised, relevant and local language appropriate training available
- Significant track record in the delivery and analysis of end to end projects using formal project management methodology
- Proactively track and manage training records
- Previous experience in high-paced, challenging stakeholder management and relationship building at all levels, ideally with previous experience in Training, Learning and Development, Technology, Logistics, or Retail environments
- An analytical mindset with strong strategy and analysis skills
- Advocate for lifelong learning and self-development and can instil this in others
- Build trust-based long term relationships both internally and externally
- Lives the ‘Ocado Way’ and is comfortable challenging others if they aren’t
- Excellent communication that conveys gravitas and inspires confidence in a manner that is inclusive and collaborative
- Confidently influence all stakeholders, including senior internal and external decision-makers in a diplomatic manner
- Articulate in both verbal and written communications with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and iterative development to produce a clear, coherent and concise outcome
- Previous line management experience
- L5 equivalent learning qualification, such as CIPD, PGCE/PGCE PCET or L4/5 Award in adult education
- Project management qualification, such as PMP, APM, Agile or Prince2
- Six Sigma or lean process experience with at least, yellow belt certification
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Various Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.