We are currently looking to recruit a Warehouse Supervisor (known internally to Ocado as an Area Coordinator) to work days within our Stock Availability team at Ocado's Customer Fulfilment Centre based in Purfleet, Essex. This site is 258,000 square feet and boasts world leading technology, which is predominantly developed in house at Ocado. At full capacity we will be fulfilling over 80,000 customer orders a week, which requires a 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of colleagues who lead by example.
As an Area Coordinator you will be responsible for all on shift operational and front line auxiliary activities, that supports the successful delivery of KPI’s for our Stock Availability unit across the site. You will be supporting the Area Manager to ensure a safe and respectful work environment whilst delivering outstanding service to internal and external customers.
You will also be involved in welcoming and supporting all new team members, sharing additional knowledge and all information required in order to maximise the new starter experience. You will be living and breathing our 5 core pillars: Safety, Customer, Quality, Delivery and Cost providing motivation to your team, driving excellence in all that you do. We are looking for someone with experience within a 24/7 inventory support, stock control or operational environment, with the ability to work well under pressure and manage to tight deadlines.
Initially, this will involve working in a pre-go live environment, so this is a great time to join the team and is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in an exciting project from the start!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and support all new team members by sharing all information and knowledge required in order to maximise the new starter experience, and helping to coach and upskill to improve techniques
- Capture employee headcounts for specific work areas, ensuring employees are deployed and managed fairly whilst on shift
- Adopt a proactive approach by ensuring all SSOW’s are relevant, are being adhered to and any hazards are removed
- Take ownership for identifying, reporting and resolving any defective equipment within your business area
- Ensure all processes and supporting tasks are completed to agreed timescales
- Assist the Area and MSC Operations managers with assessing team performance and highlighting and coaching any unsatisfactory performance with the aim of rectifying the issue
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
What we are looking for:
- Good numerical skills with the ability to read and understand quantities of data through a target/KPI driven framework
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Excellent PC skills with knowledge of Google systems and basic Microsoft knowledge
- The ability to recognise poor operating techniques and making effective suggestions for improvement
- Knowledge of best practice, Health and Safety and SSOW’s
- Experience of using a Warehouse Management System (WMS) would be advantageous
- Previous people management experience would be preferred
- Previous experience of working within a FMCG environment would be preferred
What else do you need to know?
You will also be expected to:
- Undertake tiered management/personal shopper tasks if the need arises
- Stand/walk for extended periods
- Lift objects weighing up to 30kg (periodically) from the floor to shoulder height
- Wear protective equipment to ensure requisite standards of health and safety are maintained
- Train to use Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Work in environments ranging in temperature from 30℃ to -30℃
Our Coordinators live the value “We’re In It Together” – so a hands on approach is a must, as well as flexibility to working alternative shifts when required. In return for your hard work and dedication, you will have the opportunity to further develop your career either into more senior positions within the warehouse or sideways into other departments.
You will be required to work 48 hours per week working 12 hour shifts on a roster basis to include weekdays and weekends.
Please note: As this site is not due to go live until later this year, you will be based at our site in Erith, Kent initially; in order to go through a full induction, training and familiarisation of our Ocado Smart Platform (OSP).
We are currently offering a competitive salary of £25,000 per annum.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.