Ocado Technology’s cutting edge Simulation area is looking for exceptional engineers to contribute to the design, build and analysis of the control algorithms for Ocado’s pioneering technologies. Successful candidates will embrace the opportunity to work in a collaborative research environment where their analysis will inform and impact business decisions; and their code will contribute to a variety of business critical systems.
What we’d like you to do
While this is mainly a software developer position, it offers the opportunity to mix a few different roles together:
- as a developer, creating simulations of a wide range of physical systems and designing prototypes of the control algorithms that run them in a production environment;
- as an analyst, generating and using large datasets to help inform business decisions and system design;
- as a researcher, using these tools to optimise algorithms and business processes and constantly striving to improve the efficiency and profitability of the world’s largest purely online grocery retailer.
Skills and experiences we'd like to see
- Have or expecting Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a numerate degree
- Strong analytical and statistical skills
- Solid Java knowledge (ideally Java 8)
- Knowledge of Git, build tools and continuous integration
- Any useful tools (e.g. Excel, Python, modelling)
- Advanced data analysis or data-driven research
- Simulation in general
- Kanban or other agile methodologies
This is not a set in stone requirements list. We recognise the software industry is filled with smart people from many different backgrounds.
If you enjoy being part of the team and if you like: learning fast (through experimentation, self-motivation etc); being autonomous but able to collaborate (sharing knowledge is important to us); craftsmanship and innovation (we never stop questioning how we can be better), then we look forward to hearing from you!
What we can offer you
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.