We are Ocado Technology. We are building the software which powers our next generation robotic picking and storage solution. This solution is a core component of our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) which are offered as part of the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP). OSP is being marketed to retailers globally as a world-class platform for grocery eCommerce.
We are searching for Full-Stack Software Engineers that not only bring our product vision to life but care about the detail and the quality. Key thing we expect from you is that you’re excited about technology, solving problems and learning new things.
Responsibilities you may expect:
- Participate in and improve our end-to-end software development cycle
- Write high quality code using the appropriate technologies and techniques
- Give and receive feedback through code reviews
- Write unit, integration, performance, etc. tests to ensure quality
- Gather data and make data-driven decisions
- Experiment with new ideas to improve our product
- Mentor/coach other members in the team
Hive Manager aims to maximise the uptime and performance of our complex robotic hive system that picks the orders for our customers in our highly automated warehouses. The application provides an efficient and intuitive way to manage the hive and minimise the labour cost associated with that.
Hive Manager forms part of an Engineering Systems suite of applications that aim to make any maintenance or repair of our smart embedded systems as efficient as possible. Our goal is to ensure our highly automated warehouses can deliver the best for our customers.
Our vision is to leverage state of the art technologies (including augmented reality, in-store GPS, machine learning and intuitive web/mobile apps) to enable Engineers in our warehouses to effectively monitor and maintain highly automated robotic systems.
You can take a glance at our team and product in this short video:
We utilise Amazon Web Services like ECS, SQS and others. Our technology stack also includes:
- Java 11
The list of technologies grows and evolves as we adapt to newer challenges.
- Proficient programming skills with an understanding of underpinning techniques
- Knowledge of software engineering from design to support
- Willingness to work across the entire software stack
- Ability to tackle challenging projects
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn new programming languages and frameworks
- A passion for software development
- Experience with distributed, scalable and highly available systems
- Experience with any of those: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Spring
In return we can offer you:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.