We’re Ocado Technology. We design and build the systems and technology that power ocado.com, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer and groceries.morrisons.com, the world’s fastest growing online supermarket!
Ocado's mission is to revolutionise the way that the world shops - to achieve this we are building the Ocado Smart Platform. This provides a way for an existing retailer to go online with everything they need - website, order picking and delivery.
As part of this Store Pick gives retailers the option to pick and deliver customers’ orders from their existing stores.Our system consists of a backend planning and orchestrating the whole operation, a mobile app used by in-store personnel to execute the actual work and a web app giving overview of the work progress as well as some admin functions. It has to be scalable, flexible and fast in order to meet our customers’ needs. To build a world class solution, we are using state of the art technologies from AWS (EC2, DynamoDb, SQS, SNS), Android, React, Redux, Node writing code in Java, Scala, Kotlin and Typescript.
We are now looking for React/Java Full stack Software Engineers.
We’d like to talk to Software Engineers who have:
- Experience with UI frameworks and technologies beyond basic JS/HTML/CSS especially React and Redux
- Working knowledge and experience in Java or other OOP languages
- Good spoken and written English
- Advocating Agile with good knowledge of Scrum, Kanban and lean working practices
We also like talking to people with:
- Proficient programming skills in Java with an understanding of underpinning techniques
- Experience with Spring, AWS (ECS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, SQS, etc.)
- Knowledge of software engineering from design to support
- Ability to tackle challenging projects
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn new programming languages and frameworks
- A passion for software development
Our social package includes:
- Great renumeration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.