We are Ocado Technology. We are building the software which powers our next generation robotic picking and storage solution. This solution is a core component of our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) which are offered as part of the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP). OSP is being marketed to retailers globally as a world-class platform for grocery eCommerce.
We at Ocado Technology Sofia are looking for people who are passionate about building and leading an efficient team in line with our awesome culture and delivering high quality products.
A Team Leader’s primary responsibilities are:
- To build a great team, delivering a great product or service
- To collaborate with other teams to build an effective organisation considering technology, delivery, and product/service
- To align culture to Ocado Technology values (Collaboration, Trust, Craftsmanship, Learn Fast and Autonomy)
- Additionally, Team Leaders work with their development centre leadership to build a great place to work (contributing to processes like recruitment, branding, induction etc.)
Vision Systems will be a set of applications that will leverage computer vision and machine learning technology to help our engineering staff to be more productive and contribute to our warehouses being more autonomous and efficient.
Vision Systems form part of an Engineering Systems suite of applications that aim to make any maintenance or repair of our smart embedded systems as efficient as possible. Our goal is to ensure our highly automated warehouses can deliver the best for our customers.
You can take a glance at our team and product in this short video:
We utilise Amazon Web Services like ECS, SQS and others. Our technology stack also includes:
- Java 11
The list of technologies grows and evolves as we adapt to newer challenges.
- Proven experience (may also be informal) in leading a team of Software Engineers and applying principles of continuous improvement
- Understanding and experience of using Agile methodologies
- Proficient programming skills with an understanding of underpinning techniques
- Experience with web systems/frameworks
- Desire to learn and improve
- Experience with distributed, scalable and highly available systems
- Experience with streaming frameworks and/or event-driven architectures
- Experience with machine learning
What we can offer you:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.