We are currently looking to recruit a number of Warehouse Area Coordinators to work days at Ocado's state-of-the-art Customer Fulfilment Centre based in Purfleet, Essex, which is due to go live later this year. This site is 258,000 square feet and boasts world leading technology, which is predominantly developed in house at Ocado. At full capacity we will be fulfilling over 80,000 customer orders a week, which requires a 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of colleagues who lead by example.
As an Area Coordinator with Ocado, you will be responsible for all on shift operational and front line auxiliary activities that supports the successful delivery of KPI’s for a specific Business Unit within the Logistics Operation. You will support the Area Managers to provide a safe and respectful work environment delivering outstanding service to internal and external customers, ensuring that all processes and supporting tasks are completed to agreed timescales. You will also assist with capturing employee headcounts for a specific work area, ensuring employees are deployed and managed fairly whilst on shift.
You will also be involved in welcoming and supporting all new team members, sharing additional knowledge and all information required in order to maximise the new starter experience. You will be living and breathing our 5 core pillars: Safety, Customer, Quality, Delivery and Cost providing motivation to your team, driving excellence in all that you do.
Initially, this will involve working in a pre-go live environment, so this is a great time to join the team and is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in an exciting project from the start!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assume full coordination of your business unit tasks to deliver agreed productivity, food safety and all other applicable quality and performance targets
- Ensure all appropriate communication and key site messages are delivered consistently, clearly and effectively to promote good relationships and levels of engagement
- Take ownership for identifying and resolving physical and technical issues affecting the operation (such as software and defective equipment) within your business unit, escalating as appropriate
- Highlight development and upskilling opportunities to support the continuous improvement and personal development of the team
- Proactively maintain exceptional health and safety standards, promoting a positive on-site safety culture ensuring SSOWs/Risk Assessment materials for your business unit are being adhered to and hazards are removed
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in a FMCG or 24/7 operational or productivity focused environment
- Team Management Skills - Some previous people management experience (e.g. supervisory, secondments / step up)
- Strong numerical skills are required to be able to read and understand numerical data, along with the ability to set and work within a target/KPI driven environment
- Strong communication skills are essential - both verbal and written with the ability to interact positively and effectively at all levels
- You should be PC literate with knowledge of Google or Microsoft operating systems/programmes
- Knowledge of best practice within Health and Safety and Safe Systems of Working
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Knowledge of and experience of using a Warehouse Management System - Working knowledge of key elements / core operation reporting tools
- Mechanical Handling Equipment - Current qualifications / previous experience
What else do you need to know?
You will also be expected to:
- Undertake tiered management/personal shopper tasks if the need arises
- Stand/walk for extended periods
- Lift objects weighing up to 30kg (periodically) from the floor to shoulder height
- Wear protective equipment to ensure requisite standards of health and safety are maintained
- Train to use Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Work in environments ranging in temperature from 30℃ to -30℃
Our employees live the value “We’re In It Together” – so a hands on approach is a must, as well as flexibility to working alternative shifts when required. In return for your hard work and dedication, you will have the opportunity to further develop your career either into more senior positions within the warehouse or sideways into other departments.
You will be required to work 48 hours per week following a roster pattern, working any 4 from 7 shifts to include weekends.
We are currently offering a very a competitive salary of £25,000 per annum.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.