Ocado provides innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world with nine partnerships across North America, Europe, Asia and Australasia. To match consumer demand in the UK and to enable our business to provide solutions to our partners across the globe, we are scaling quickly. Over 2021 we’ll be live with OSP across seven of our international partners.
As a business function, Ocado Client services is home to the team of engineers and technical specialists who help our Partners who have deployed Ocado Smart Platform to operate, use and optimise the platform. Teams of engineers and technical specialists are based on site and co-locate with our Partners.
The Senior People Partner for the UK and Sweden will directly contribute to an exciting and growing part of Ocado and will be integral to shaping the future of Client Services and bringing their functional strategy to life. This is a fantastic opportunity where you will be accountable for strategic partnering and coaching of the most senior leadership on site to ensure that their functional strategy is translated into business and people needs.
You will be accountable for coaching the senior leadership team and the managers to empower and enable them to better manage and own People matters. Diffusing any ER issues, you will coach and support managers through any complex ER issues that arise across the UK and Sweden.
Drawing on listening and broader data insights whilst collaborating with COEs you will ensure that Client Services receive the best in class products to enable a positive people experience and that the right People Products are being offered at the right time. As we scale and grow, you will require differing strategic insight to successfully move each site through their journey to scale and become fully operational.
Reporting into the Head of People for Ocado Client Services and managing a small team of People advisors, you will work together with your peers who have international responsibilities. You will be collaborative in your approach with others across our growing business, building strong partnerships across different client areas at all levels, communicating in a focussed and compelling way.
If you have an international mindset and like using data to drive change whilst being operational and strategically partnering … please read on and apply!
So what’s the role?
- Mix your commercial focus with your HR expertise to improve organisational effectiveness by aligning people policies and procedures to support business strategy.
- Nurture site locations to enable growth of business, deployment of talent and client facing solutions.
- Collaborate with your team for the implementation of People policies, procedures and projects across business streams.
- Partner with the business to co create, maintain and drive the succession planning and career development of the team - both in the UK and internationally
- Promote equality and diversity as an integral part of the culture of the organisation in line with Ocado’s core values;
- Utilise employee data and trend analysis to lead, educate and work in partnership with line managers on people issues, e.g absence management, reducing turnover; identify priority trends and advise management on options and solutions;
- Develop practical people strategies with line managers which address immediate and long-term key business objectives, e.g. retention, performance, attendance, etc.
- Interpret and advise on relevant current employment legislation.
- Use initiative to research, network externally and present new ideas for continuous improvement
What would we like to see?
- Experience of serving different types of clients from blue collar to white collar
- Internationally minded with previous experience working in a global company understanding the nuances of operating in a global environment
- Able to translate complex ER/ IR info into helpful information for leadership team for any works councils set up or ongoing union activities
- Expert in UK employment law
- Strong use of data insight to drive change and make decisions
- Strong influencing skills and stakeholder management
- Adept at change management in a dynamic fast-paced international environment, and an ability to prioritise competing needs of different missions
- Experience working and communicating with people at all levels from hands-on operational workforces to senior management and global clients
- Workday experience would be a huge advantage
- An ability to build strong relationships and partnerships with others
- Experience of managing and developing small team
- Experience of the nuances of shift based client group in a 24/7/365 environment
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry also means transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us, in Trident Place we offer weekly exercises classes,we have a games room, a coffee shop and an amazing food hall to satisfy you at any time of day with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, paternity and maternity leave, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and family friendly offers.