Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the Product Application Engineering team who are responsible for the application, configuration and ongoing life support of our solutions used to power our automated CFCs. They are the engineering experts providing centralised specialist knowledge to multiple teams within Ocado.
This role will see you will be working within a team of Product Specialists to identify and understand relevant and applicable trade compliance requirements for Ocado’s OSP automated equipment including but not limited to commodity codes and tariff in Europe, UK, North America, Japan and Australia and import and export procedures of equipment and/or components. The role will grow into product safety compliance under third party certification, product registration and self-declaration conformity.
What will you be doing?...
- Preparation and communication of customs entry instructions to carriers
- Update of commodity code classifications, provide guidance and trade compliance data including all customs
- Remain updated on global import and export regulations, policies, and other applicable governmental initiatives,
ensuring any changes in regulation are communicated to the wider company
- Assist with the development and implementation of local compliance policies specific to trade compliance,
changes due to current and future EU and UK policy changes
- Development of the processes and procedures for our components and equipment
- Assign and verify UK and EU and North America Export Control Classifications and tariff codes
- Provide necessary import/export information to customs brokers and forwarders to ensure appropriate clearance
of imports and exports
- Drive continuous improvement, best practices and standardization for trade compliance programs
- Detailed knowledge of global customs, sanctions and export control regulations.
- Experience in developing and executing standard processes across an organisation
- Detailed operational knowledge of foreign export laws and regulations, particularly US Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and EU Member States import/export regulations, knowledge of China and Israel regulations a
- A passion for trade compliance with significant relevant professional experience in trade compliance
- Detailed operational knowledge of UK, EU and North America regulations relating to import/export compliance and
Export Licensing for Dual-Use Goods
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Knowledge of automation industry
- Programme or project management background
- Supply chain and logistic experience
- Remote coordination and support experience
- International working experience
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more.
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.