Ocado Group is climbing up the ladder of the FTSE 100 and growing with nine partners globally. Our business is maturing rapidly, evolving from its retail roots into a highly sought-after international technology provider.
Ocado Group's finance function is integral to the day-to-day operation allowing us to constantly measure, understand and drive our performance whilst mitigating risk. Our Finance team is currently going through an extremely exciting transformation where the team is evolving and growing to support the business, creating opportunities for new talent to join our team.
The Financial Controls Manager is a hands on senior role supporting in the design and development of the Groups internal controls framework, the governance and monitoring of financial controls, documentation of risks and controls, review of the results from testing and the training of a wide range of stakeholders. You'll lead and develop a small team that assess opportunities to standardise and automate within Finance and other business teams, enabling them to accept full accountability for governance and controls in their areas.
With the role interacting with a wide variety of people across finance and other supporting functions, you'll have the opportunity to build relationships across the business, gain exposure to various group wide initiatives and bigger picture viewing.
What you will be doing?
- Responsible for leading of three or more people, providing performance and development support, mentoring and guidance
- Provide support to the Financial Controls Senior Manager in the design, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the Group’s Financial Control Framework ensuring latest developments are included and best practice considered; taking ownership of sections of the framework
- Implementation and embedding of a second line of defence within the Finance function
- Influence and support in the implementation of the financial control roadmap and agenda of the Group; including assessing opportunities to standardise and automate
- Responsible for leading a team in the testing of key controls and ensuring appropriate remediation of control deficiencies
- Deliver effective training, guidance and advice to Finance and non-finance teams. Enhancing compliance’s visibility.
- Responsible the implementation and oversight of the Finance function’s Risk Register and Self-Assessment processes
- Support and contribute to the drafting and presentation of papers, to committees on Financial Control matters (Risk Committee, Audit Committee, SOC)
- Responsible for a monthly control pack and reporting against key compliance KPIs
- Responsible for the design of process improvements, and their subsequent implementation in line with the Group’s Financial Controls Framework
- Participate in projects supporting Ocado’s rapidly growing business, driving improvements to accounting and reporting processes that support the growth of the business
- Proven PQE (preferably ACA / ACCA)
- Strong academics
- Experience of implementing and/or monitoring a financial control framework
- Experience of the COSO Framework, Sarbanes Oxley Act, ERP Systems (ideally Oracle Fusion) or technical knowledge of IFRS would be advantageous
- Experience in leading small / mid sized finance teams
- Good understanding of financial reporting and internal control processes of multinational operations and best practices for risk-appropriate financial/operational governance
- Desire to assess effectiveness and optimise financial systems & drive change
- Strong presentation and report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills and able to build relationships with key stakeholders, both internal & external to the business.
- An organized individual that is able to lead and function in a team environment.
- Highly analytical with a keen eye for detail that is deadline focused and goal oriented.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...