Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with Kroger to help it redefine the grocery customer experience in the United States through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
What You Will Do
The Maintenance Technician will report directly to the respective shift assigned Engineering Team Manager with a dotted line to the Senior Maintenance Engineer for daily priorities. The Maintenance Technician will provide first response to engineering fault conditions, both reactive and planned maintenance activities as well as being involved in continuous improvement projects within our start of the art, automated Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC).
Daily Maintenance Technician roles may involve:
- Carrying out electrical and mechanical planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner.
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given.
- Perform assembly and sub-assembly repairs by following written work instructions, blueprints and schematics.
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and action repairs
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment.
- Analyze data to find solutions to improve MHE performance, providing reports where necessary.
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard.
The Maintenance Technician may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
The initial 6 to 9 months will involve training and most likely require some travel in order to obtain the training from another site in North America and/or UK. In the event the operations is undergoing its initial startup, the daily responsibilities for this role may be different while supporting the needs of a facility in its initial stages of starting its operations. Once the facility is commissioned, the roles defined in this job description will become the daily responsibilities for the Maintenance Engineer.
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience, preferably in automation hardware and software
- A bachelor's degree with a focus in the mechanical or electrical field or an associate’s degree or vocational school coupled with an additional 2 years of relevant experience in an electrical and/or mechanical profession
- Experience carrying out electrical or mechanical maintenance, to include predictive and preventive planned maintenance.
- Experience diagnosing and documenting equipment breakdowns, resolving issues, and handling repairs
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; able to impart knowledge effectively to others
- Good organization skills; able to prioritize
- Must be comfortable working at heights
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
- Experience working with computerized maintenance management systems.
- Numerate and PC literate, including Word, Excel etc.
This role will require flexibility due to us being a 24/7 operation and a shift pattern will be put in place that will require working days, nights and weekends.
This position is based at the customer fulfillment center in Forest Park, GA.
For a sense of who we are and what we deliver we invite you to explore online to learn more about Ocado Technology and Ocado Engineering, which directly support the Ocado Solutions division, and take the next step in what will be an amazing career with us.
What We Offer
- 401k Plan; 100% match up to 5% of earnings
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- 10 Paid Public Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Account; Company Contribution of 50% of Annual Deductible
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn about our partnership with Kroger:
- Kroger Bets on Robots With Ocado Deal
- Meet Ocado, Kroger’s Newest Weapon in Its Grocery Delivery War with Amazon and Walmart
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.