Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with the Kroger Family of Companies in the US to help redefine the grocery customer experience through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
What is the Construction and Installation Team?
The Associate Project Manager is a part of the Construction and installation team and this team is at the challenging and exciting end of our Platform Implementation Department. We install, integrate and make our Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) function for all new projects. We project manage wider teams. We oversee the install plan. We commission the kit. We integrate software & hardware. We deliver the finished MHE (Material Handling Equipment) product. We drive improvements in our existing sites. We offer up improvements to design. We roll out our improvements.
The Associate Project Manager is involved in a project throughout its life cycle. You will be involved in the planning phases for new Customer Fulfillment Centers (CFCs), ensuring installation and integration are planned according to our schedule, budget, scope and risk expectations. This plan is then taken to site, led by the Engineering Project Manager and delivered through close collaboration with the Associate Project Manager. When installation begins, the Associate Project Manager is a site-based project manager, working as part of the Site Installation team; responsible for schedule delivery, budget management and communication with the wider business, while overseeing the OSP Fulfillment Center (FC) hardware and software integration.
Throughout the project you will be tasked with identifying and implementing opportunities to improve the way we work. A strong focus on continuous improvement is essential.
It is expected you will be able to manage dependencies across multiple streams, highlight and mitigate risk, oversee change and report on progress.
Since the role is primarily site-based, you will be required to travel to sites across the US, and be based on location for up to 12 months, depending on project size and complexity. Between projects you will be able to work remotely. As part of our wider, global project delivery, you will also have the opportunity to work overseas in our international sites, both in the UK and across the world.
What You Will Do
As our Associate Project Manager, day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Representing the install team in project meetings from project kick-off to the start on-site
- Creating site specific install schedules, budgets and install sequences that are then managed throughout the build phase.
- Informing and supporting the Install Engineering team with accurate information and insight regarding all aspects of the OSP solution including: Supply Chain progress, New Product Introduction, Escalations to the Install Excellence team and Product Specialists
- Providing accurate reporting on install project status for distribution to all Platform Implementation stakeholders
- Capturing, coordinating and communicating all site lessons learned and continuous improvement activity to ensure that the Construction & Installation team hits its annual Cost and Timeline targets
- Managing the efficient processing of Change Requests at all points in the project
- Managing accurate project risks and issues logs
- Representing the install project and driving progress in relevant site and business status meetings
- Contributing to problem solving and issue resolution throughout the project timeline to reduce impacts of adverse events
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you should meet the following requirements:
- 3-5 years of Project Management experience, preferably delivering complex integration projects
- Bachelors degree required
- Leadership and management experience of project based teams
- Experience creating and managing project schedule, budget, scope and risk management
- Ability to lead cross departmental teams to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Ability to make key decisions based on risk, schedule, budget & scope impact
- IT literate - MS Office applications (Including Microsoft Project, PowerPoint & Excel proficiency) and familiarity with Google Software Suite
- Previous Project Management training
- Project management formal qualification (APM or equivalent)
- Previous operational management experience
This position will requite 80-100% travel to our Fulfillment Center sites across North America.
What We Offer
- 401k Plan; 100% match up to 5% of earnings
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- 10 Paid Public Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Account; Company Contribution of 50% of Annual Deductible
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn about our partnership with Kroger:
- Kroger Bets on Robots With Ocado Deal
- Meet Ocado, Kroger’s Newest Weapon in Its Grocery Delivery War with Amazon and Walmart
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.