Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with the Kroger Family of Companies in the US to help redefine the grocery customer experience through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
What You Will Do
As our Business Support Administrator, you will provide a business support service to the engineering operations team, to deliver a high quality, effective and efficient day-to-day management of the business operations and some human resources administrative activities. This position will report to the Senior Engineering Operations Manager in our Customer Fulfillment Center but will collaborate regularly with and seek direction on HR initiatives from the Regional Human Resources Business Partner. You will also be the liaison with the International Payroll team, as appropriate.
Day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Coordinate orientation day and onboarding plans with new hires and internal stakeholders; liaise with HR team to ensure completion of employment and payroll verifications
- Liaise with the Kroger HR team on any coordination required to orient new hires on site
- Support in-house health and safety tasks, reviews, and audits
- Coordinate basic health and safety policy orientation
- Liaise with the technology team for the provision of desktop technology; partner with security of our site, and facilities management, as needed
- Liaise with the International Payroll team and provide any relevant information for ad hoc payroll queries as and when they arise
- Ensure mandated e-learning is completed by employees and refreshed by all on site
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries; liaise with accounts payable on invoicing
- Support staff by coordinating on-site interviews and proctoring assessments
- Support staff by coordinating team building events and employee socialization activities
- Leverage HR experience to provide basic employee relations support to on-site management; conduct “Tier 1” employee relations investigations in collaboration with the Regional HR Business Partner and client HR representatives, if applicable
- Support the Regional HR Business Partner by enabling managers to conduct performance and pay review meetings; advise managers on how to use and leverage Peakon, our employee engagement tool, to continually improve employee engagement and satisfaction; assist managers with their action plans and keep on track; help with site communications about Peakon and its surveys to employees and promote participation and engagement
- Co-implement HR programs on site, as directed by the Regional HR Business Partner, which may cascade from our central Employee Engagement, Internal Communications, Global Mobility, HR Central Services, HR Business Partners, L&D, and the Reward teams
- Liaise with the US HR team on employee questions, escalations, welfare events, and HR administration, such as worker’s compensation, LOAs, ADA accommodations, etc; approve timecards and answer questions about scheduling
- Collaborate with the Regional HR Business Partner to manage the internal communications calendar, to include updating content on RiseVision
- Other office administration functions and special projects, as needed
- Order of office supplies and stationary for the team ensuring deliverers are ordered on time and processed
- Ad hoc day to day administrative duties for the SEOM as required
- Meet and greet any Ocado guests and visitors to the site
Who You Are
To qualify for the Business Support Administrator role, you should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field of study; four additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required
- 1-2 years of experience in human resources preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced and matrixed management environment preferred
- Experience supporting hourly employees required
- Experience working in the manufacturing, logistics, and/or warehouse industries preferred
- Proven ability to build credibility and relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Additional experience working within an office environment including administration, facilities management, finance, and/or health and safety preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- A pro-active, pragmatic and creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work autonomously with little direction
- Comfortable collaborating with peers remotely and in other site locations
- Ascending or descending ladders and stairs.
- Moving between worksites to accomplish tasks in tight and confined spaces.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for a prolonged period.
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 30 pounds in all directions. Work that includes moving objects up to 100 pounds or more.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Low temperatures and noisy environments.
Our Business Support Administrator position is located in our Forest Park, GA Customer Fulfillment Center.
Learn about our partnership with Kroger:
- Kroger Bets on Robots With Ocado Deal
- Meet Ocado, Kroger’s Newest Weapon in Its Grocery Delivery War with Amazon and Walmart
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.