Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
We are looking for a Platform Implementation Project Manager (PIPM) to join our Programme Management function, to take ownership and accountability for large scale, end-to-end CFC build projects for our North American partners (Kroger and Sobeys) specifically.
This position will play a leading role, taking accountability for the full lifecycle of a CFC build. It is both external client and internal stakeholder facing, with large scale budget, people management and decision-making responsibilities. The PIPM must demonstrate sound leadership qualities to drive and steer each stage of the CFC build project, from pre-deal through to go-live (each project circa 2 years in duration), and ultimately acts as the ‘voice of the project’. The PIPM must have comprehensive project management skills, be adept at dealing with challenges, risk/issue management, reporting, as well as drive our company culture and values (we’re in it together, we’re proud of what we do, we can be even better) within the team.
*****As this position supports our North American retail partners, this role will spend the first year of the project based out of our head office in Hatfield UK, with the second year spent on site to manage the completion of the project on the ground. As there are many ongoing and upcoming site projects in this region, flexibility with regards to location (across the US or Canada) is important, and the role would be required to be based in this location continuously for a 12 month period.
What will you be doing?
- Leading an end-to-end CFC build for a North America project - managing all phases of the project from pre-deal through to go live, including:
- Accountability for the end to end delivery of the project/CFC to the client
- Leading and coordinating UK-based design and engineering specialists to create the optimal client solution
- Leading and collaborating with on-site construction/installation teams in the client’s country to ensure the project is delivered on time, to specification and on budget
- Developing new and innovative solutions or technology deliverables to meet clients’ expectations
- Managing a budget of c. £50m - ensuring the CFC is delivered on time, to specification and on budget
- Leading and collaborating with internal and external stakeholder teams, as well as suppliers, throughout the duration of the project
- Working side by side with the retail client in their home country throughout the project delivery, being the key ‘go to’ liaison point
- Forming fantastic working relationships and building strong on-going partnerships with key teams to ensure alignment across the project and to ensure that deadlines are met
- Driving the project by responding proactively to breaking issues, competing priorities and key dependencies to ensure that the right decisions are taken swiftly
- Inspiring confidence across the CFC project with timely, professional communications to all levels of the business
- Direct and indirect people management
- Maintaining and monitoring progress of the project against Ocado’s standard project methodology, and proactively contributing to the development of best practice for our CFC delivery methodology
- Coordinating risks and issues within the project with regular reporting, and escalation to senior management in the UK when required
- Degree level or equivalent
- Extensive customer-facing project & programme management experience
- Extensive experience working on large scale, CAPEX projects (ideally within engineering/logistics/manufacturing/construction/technology)
- Experience working in complex organisations with internal and external partners
- Experience delivering projects to targets/budgets and driving tasks to completion
- People and process leadership, with the ability and experience to motivate and influence teams
- Stakeholder engagement experience, with the ability to influence
- Ability to understand and challenge expert opinions
- Effective communication and presentation skills at all levels of the business
- MS Projects and MS Excel experience
- Flexibility with regards to international travel - must be able to spend a 12 month period in North America for year 2 of the project
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…