Ocado Group is climbing up the ladder of the FTSE 100 and growing with nine partners globally. Our business is maturing rapidly, evolving from its retail roots into a highly sought-after international technology provider.
Ocado Group's finance function is integral to the day-to-day operation allowing us to constantly measure, understand and drive our performance whilst mitigating risk. Our Finance team is currently going through an extremely exciting transformation where the team is evolving and growing to support the business, creating opportunities for new talent to join our team.
The Financial Systems Controls Accountant role is a valued team member responsible for taking the ownership for all aspects of the design and development of the Group's internal controls framework and system related controls. You'll implement the governance and monitoring of financial and system based controls, documentation of associated risks, completing training needs of a wide range of stakeholders and work closely with our internal auditors.
With the role interacting with a wide variety of people across finance and other supporting functions, you'll have the opportunity to build relationships across the business, gain exposure to various group wide initiatives and bigger picture viewing.
What you will be doing?
- Responsible for the identification and monitoring of all general IT, automated process level and system generated report controls
- Supporting design improvements, ongoing maintenance and monitoring of Group’s Financial Controls Framework
- Responsible for working across Finance, and the wider business, to deliver training and embed processes and controls
- Responsible for ensuring that all risk and control matrices and process flows remain up to date and well documented
- Support in the development & delivery of presentations to line management and other stakeholders in relation to financial controls
- Identification of control deficiencies and leading on the design and delivery of remediation plans
- Responsible for continuous monitoring of controls using Oracle Risk Management Cloud and designing new control monitoring routines within this tool
- Responsible for working, as a member of the Financial Controls and Process Improvement team, on change projects across Finance and the wider business to embed processes and controls
- Inputting into the vision for future development of the Group’s financial control environment
- Anticipates change and inputs into the vision for future development of the Group’s financial control environment
- Liaising with external Auditors, addressing requests and assisting with driving improvements raised by external stakeholders
- Participate in projects supporting Ocado’s rapidly growing business, driving improvements to accounting and reporting processes that support the growth of the business
- Post qualified experience with ACA / ACCA qualifications preferred
- Experience of implementing and/or monitoring a financial control framework
- Proven ability to explain technical matters to non-experts
- Evidence of in-depth knowledge of financial systems, how to assess their risks, design appropriate controls and test their design and effectiveness
- Desire to assess effectiveness and optimise financial systems & drive change
- Working knowledge of programming languages (eg SQL)
- You'll be able to forge effective relationships across teams and external advisors easily
- Be methodical, organised and respond quickly to change; demonstrates a proactive approach
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...