At Ocado Group, our mantra is “Always Way Ahead.” We are building the Ocado Smart Platform to be the leading end-to-end grocery solution, anywhere in the World, from both a consumer experience and operational economics perspective.
The Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) is an end-to-end online retail platform combining micro-service based software with modular and scalable hardware. It starts with users interacting with our grocery-specific front-end mobile application and web pages. It then brings together innovative technologies such as our automated warehouses, our highly efficient routing engines and our intelligent supply chain & forecasting systems to ensure users get the quality, price, and efficiency they deserve.
As Product Strategy Manager - Supply Chain & Fulfillment , you will report to the Principal Product Strategy Manager in the Solutions Org. You will be responsible for developing the product strategy and vision in your domain over 2-5 year timeframes to support the future growth of the Ocado Smart Platform worldwide. This includes defining the product vision for your domain, identifying market trends in consumer behaviour and technology, and supporting the Technology Org with prioritisation. You will also work closely with the Product Marketing function to produce a marketing strategy and maximise adoption with OSP features.
The core responsibilities for the Product Strategy Manager role include:
Product Strategy: Define the strategy
- Contribute towards the 2-5 year Vision for Logistics, Supply Chain & Fulfillment and work with your counterparts in other streams to ensure OSP is an optimised end-to-end solution to maximise long-term value
- Identify new market / product opportunities in Logistics, Supply Chain & Fulfillment to consider investing resources in
- Help ensure the prioritisation process is achieving the right outcomes & work with cross-functional stakeholders to resolve any issues
Market Knowledge: Be knowledgeable about the Product needs
- To understand the customer (B2B users of the Ocado Smart Platform) as well as their customers (shoppers) needs
- Be the voice of the market and augment the Ocado Solutions concepts and objectives with market research and competitor analysis.
- To investigate trends in consumer behaviour and technological advancements in order to continually refine the product vision and outline potential opportunities to build, buy or partner.
- To keep engaged with market developments and become a subject matter expert within it, by attending various conferences and meetings.
- Work interactively with the broader Solutions team and our partners in the Technology Org to define, create, document and vocalise clear and tangible business objectives.
- Validate Technology org’s product roadmap with internal and external stakeholders and the market need.
- Along with Product Marketing also responsible for market intelligence.
Collaboration: Proactive, Cross-functional, Iteration
- Work with Ocado Solutions customers, and our partners in Technology to understand their business challenges and requirements (legal and operational) to help form and or validate our mission.
- Lead client interactions, facilitating them where necessary for other Ocado teams.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Previous experience working on product strategy
- Strategy consulting experience preferred
- Grocery experience preferred
- Ability to create persuasive strategic narratives leveraging broad sources of data to be presented to senior leadership with recommended long-term actions
- Deep subject matter expertise in logistics/supply chain/fulfillment operations with direct retail experience preferred
- An awareness & understanding of global emerging trends in Logistics, Supply Chain and Fulfillment
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 25 days holiday
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We will always aim to respond to everyone who applies for one of our roles. Sometimes though we have a lot of applicants and it takes us a little while to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of your application, then you should take it that you have not been successful on this occasion and accept our apologies that we didn’t manage to get back to you personally.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.