Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Functional Support Office sits within the Project Office & Design Solutions (PODS) department, working cross-functionally across the multiple departments that make up the Platform Implementation function to drive and support coordination, collaboration, development and engagement.
We are now looking for a Functional Support Office Manager to lead this team, taking responsibility for:
- Driving engagement across Platform Implementation to increase collaboration (and ultimately successful project delivery within this growing international team)
- Vision and strategy - shaping and optimising Functional Support Office processes and its ways of working across Platform Implementation
- Project/Change Management of new initiatives/processes across Platform Implementation (including training)
- Creating career frameworks and managing people development within the PODS department
- Continuous improvement and development of recruitment/new starter onboarding processes across Platform Implementation
- Day-to-day management of a growing team including Team Coordinators and Administrative Assistants
As the wider PI function continues to grow, this role is integral in ensuring increased engagement and collaboration, smooth running and continuous improvement of processes, as well as developing career frameworks and training opportunities to build morale and champion internal talent and development.
Please note, this position is based at our Head Office in Hatfield.
What will you be doing?
- Leading cross-functional engagement within Platform Implementation to increase and optimise collaboration - including team events, celebrating success, team communications, peer awards
- Acting as the leading representative from Platform Implementation at a variety of forums
- Supporting Project/Change Management activities of new initiatives, as well as continuous improvement of existing processes - including contractor management, information management and coordination, audit activity of all projects/activities within PI’s portfolio, BAU activities, resolution of issues
- Developing regular internal management information reporting
- Creating and maintaining a central repository for job descriptions of all roles
- Capturing data on objective setting/development plans
- Supporting the management team in identifying suitable training courses and opportunities to support development within the team
- Developing and implementing the PODS people development framework
Recruitment & onboarding:
- Supporting continuous improvement of processes
- Developing onboarding plans and delivery of Platform Implementation inductions across all new starters within the function
- Acting as the scheme owner for the Business Management graduate scheme
- Attending graduate assessment centres with significant input into the final selection process
- Day-to-day management of the Functional Support Office team and driving the development of the team
- Developing and delivering team coordination across each department within Platform Implementation
- Great leadership skills with experience of leading/managing teams
- Demonstrable experience delivering new processes, frameworks and engagement activities across large (ideally international) teams
- Experience developing career frameworks/people development
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills at all levels (both internally and externally)
- Ability to maintain great working relationships (both internally and externally)
- Ability to project a professional & enthusiastic image at all times; providing leadership and motivation to the teams (inc. stakeholders and suppliers) setting out clear goals & parameters
- Adaptable with the ability to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to show initiative, self-motivation and innovation
- A highly analytical and logical approach to work
- Ability to understand and challenge expert opinions
- Ability to plan & prioritise workload, ensuring all given deadlines are met
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organised and a master in time management
- Report writing
- Ability to interpret data and identify trends
- Strong ability to present to all levels of management
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…