In this role you will be a key member of the Finance team with responsibility for providing business partnership to the relevant business area delivering insight, challenge and supporting the identification of risks and opportunities to drive business performance.
.What you will be doing?
- Partner the leadership team in their business area to provide insight and support decision making to achieve business plans
- Manage the planning, budgeting and forecasting process for their area including identification of risk and opportunities
- Support the development of the operational drivers aligned to wider KPIs and metrics working closely with the business and wider finance teams
- Manage the team to provide support, insight and data for the development of relevant operational plans
- Manage the team to support business case development, commercial contracts, programme & project delivery and business reviews providing robust financial data
- Manage the team to deliver robust management information to inform business decisions
- Manage the team to support the business with financial expertise and insight to deliver programmes and projects successfully spotting risks and opportunities
- Develop and maintain cost models aligned with operational and business metrics
- Support the business wide change with financial expertise
- Drive the right financial standards, compliance processes and controls into the business areas
- Continuously improve processes working closely with the knowledge centre and finance excellence and their business stakeholders representing the requirements of their area and the wider business across processes, tools, data & reporting
- Manage a high performing highly engaged team setting clear objectives, managing performance and providing support and development
- Qualified CIMA / ACA/ ACCA
- Experience of finance business partnering
- Understanding of e2e finance processes
- Commercial acumen
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience managing and developing a high performing team
- Ability to develop team objectives dividing them in manageable tasks, coordinating and driving achievement across the teams
- Skill set to motivate their team to drive to improve service and effectiveness
- Mindset for continuous learning actively seeking and providing feedback
- Ability to build and provide effective analysis & insight to support decision making
- Champions change and supports others through it
- Ability to partner senior managers building strong relationships
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...