What does the team do
We’re looking for an engineer to work with both Data Scientists and Software Engineers in the Forecasting area of the Supply Chain. Forecasting's goal in the Supply Chain is to predict customer demand for the products that a retailer sells to reduce purging unsold stock and increase stock availability.
Supply Chain Systems in the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) area is responsible for providing the products that will be sold to the customers and ensuring that the Customer Fulfillment Centers (CFCs) always have products available.OSP spans an award-winning network of native apps, alongside voice ordering, our highly automated warehouses and a suite of in-house built smart software for a fully optimised last mile. This proprietary technology and is protected by over 200 patents.
What would I be doing?
We are looking for an engineer to build scalable and secure workflow/pipelines using Python and SQL in Google Cloud Platform for Machine Learning applications. The services we are using include Big Query, AI Platform and Data Store, our Data Lake solution constituents. Also, you will have opportunities to work on Java REST API/services.
- Requirements analysis, investigation and resolution of production issues
- Software and data design
- Software construction (coding)
- Development and execution of application tests including unit, integration, system, regression, and performance
- Deployment of production-ready code
- Maintenance and support of existing systems
- Performance tuning, code review and change control
- Research, development & optimisation
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience using Python
- Knowledge of Data Analysis libraries e.g. Pandas, NumPy.
- Experience using Java and SQL
- Experience in working with REST APIs
- Experience in writing unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Good oral and written English communication skills
This would make you stand out from the crowd
- Experience in writing code for AI/Machine Learning applications
- Experience in building and running Gitlab CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of Cloud-based environments (Google Cloud Platform, AWS)
About Ocado Technology
“We are on a mission: to transform the future of online grocery through cutting-edge technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
We build everything in-house: from intelligent, frictionless e-commerce platforms to highly automated warehouses, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies. We’re working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast-growing, global company. Today we have colleagues in development centre across the world - London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria), Barcelona (Spain), Stockholm (Sweden), Las Vegas, San Francisco (USA) and Toronto (Canada).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.