Ocado Group is a technology-led, global, software and robotics platform business, with a strong retail heritage. Ocado has been at the forefront of innovation in the online grocery industry since it was founded in 2000. Its retail business, Ocado.com, is one of the world’s largest online-only supermarkets with over £1.6bn annual revenue and over 795,000 active customers. Customers can shop from a huge range of products on award-winning web and mobile apps, and then enjoy convenient delivery options with world-leading order accuracy and reliability. Unlike traditional supermarkets with their large chain superstores, Ocado’s unique business model relies upon an ecosystem of solutions to serve both a wide range of customer missions and geographies. The centralised ‘hub and spoke’ network of production and distribution, is the core of our solution, with orders prepared in huge, highly automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFC).
Ocado Solutions is responsible for our corporate international partnerships, offering the proprietary Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) as a service to retailers around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado’s physical automation, allowing highly efficient preparation of orders, together with the full end-to-end software applications required to operate a world class online grocery business, bringing the best possible operational economics, consumer experience and service to our partners. Since 2017 we have signed agreements to provide our unique e-commerce solution to a number of the world’s largest grocers, including Groupe Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada), ICA (Sweden), Kroger (USA), Coles (Australia), AEON (Japan), joining our UK partner Morrisons and the Ocado/M&S joint venture. 50+ Customer Fulfilment centres (CFCs) are already committed across our various partners. We continue to invest significantly in our technology and people in order to deliver for current clients and to forge exciting new partnerships.
About the Role
The Pre-sales Solutions Manager will work together with the Commercial Team and will be responsible for representing the Product Team in the pre-sales process, selling the value, benefits and USP’s of the Ocado Smart Platform to prospective partners.
They will work closely with the Product Marketing Managers to develop a quality suite of materials to support the Sales Playbook and will coordinate with other Product teams to gain relevant support where required
The Solutions Manager will be responsible for:
- The Pre-Sales Solutions Manager will provide support to the Ocado Solutions Commercial Team to present and showcase the Ocado Smart Platform to an appropriate level of detail to prospective clients.
- Work closely with the Commercial Team as the Product Key Point of Contact, gaining an understanding of the client, their business and their business requirements, and to capture and maintain insights into documents that can be accessed by relevant stakeholders
- Assist in the creation and presentation of relevant and quality material during the pre-sales process
- Respond promptly and professionally to questions that prospective clients have raised about the OSP Product’s existing capabilities and provide insight to the Product Teams so that the future roadmap is aligned and relevant to the tactical objectives of our business
- Discuss and analyse business requirements with clients, including current practices, augmentations and workarounds, and produce forecasts as to the economic impact
- Consult with prospective customers about their technical projects
- Communicate relevant requirements and ensure the appropriate levels of understanding, by working with the rest of the product team to shape the relevant Product Offering and understanding as to what can and cannot be achieved
- Work closely with the Ocado Solutions Commercial Team to maintain a positive client relationship and to ensure consistent and aligned messaging.
- Responsible for organising and facilitating multiple client sessions on the OSP Software during the sales process both on Client and Ocado sites.
- Work closely with the Head of Product Marketing to ensure a relevant, quality, up to date collateral of material is available to showcase the Ocado Smart Platform to potential clients
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working cross-functionally and cross-shore, both internally and externally, to drive partnerships or projects
- Experience in software Pre-sales cross-shore
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.