Ocado Solutions is responsible for corporate partnerships, providing the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP") as a service to retailers around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications required to operate a world-class online grocery business. It is underpinned by Ocado's proven expertise and experience as a dedicated online grocer in the UK.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world.
Come join us as we build our new Mini Bicester CFC comprising 163,664 square feet., bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce!
What You Will Do
The Engineering Operations Manager (EOM) will manage, coordinate and lead the strategy of the Engineering Operations function of the Customer Fulfilment Centre (CFC) ensuring an efficient and cost-effective service to our operational customers. The successful candidate will manage the department, ensuring close working relationships and coordination between the Engineering support function and the Operation as well as to optimize the availability and performance of the facility, and it’s MHE automation. Additionally, the EOM will set objectives for and monitor the performance of first-line managers and team leaders, focus on continuous improvement, and champion change in all areas of MHE, operations, people, and customer responsiveness.
Key performance areas:
- Managing and delivering to department KPIs, including
- Planned and scheduled maintenance
- Availability of people, plant and equipment
- MHE performance
- Engineering Stores and spare parts availability
- Performance & development of department and your people.
- Driving and managing change
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Training
- Managing Costs – setting and managing to budget
- All aspects of Safety
Roles & Responsibilities
- Plan and co-ordinate Engineering Operations activities through First Line Managers, ensuring the required level of service is delivered to customers
- Maintain and improve performance levels of immediate team and coach behaviours in first line reports to maximise efficiency / effectiveness in line with site KPIs.
- Monitor the effectiveness of corrective actions and introduce preventative measures where appropriate.
- Lead site improvement programmes.
- Propose innovative ideas to enhance the warehouse functions and improve the general running of the business.
- Deliver a high availability level within the operation to maximise our customer experience.
- Maintain and enhance the quality systems to ensure the site’s continuous improvement in a total quality environment.
- Prepare, manage and work within the departmental budget to assist in overall achievement of targets.
- Ensure site standards are high. Apply an excellence approach to all activities and site standards and ensure is demonstrated by self and team.
- Support the CFC Operation by being proactive and achieving targets within agreed timescales.
- Ensure effective communications within the Operational Team, ensuring the same message is delivered across the operation.
- Responsible for communication of issues/information to senior management.
- Create and manage processes for information feedback to Central engineering and projects.
- Ensure all requirements relating to safety, health, environment and quality are being fully implemented in the warehouse in line with company guidelines.
- Ensure team is compliant with all Hygiene and Safety statutory requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- People manager with relevant experience within a similar industry and business function
- Understanding of Engineering systems and automation.
- Further education to degree level
- Project management aptitude
- Nebosh National General Certificate or similar.
- Communication Skills: - Ability to communicate at all levels, within the business and with suppliers.
- Administrative Skills: - Ability to organise, prioritise and maintain relevant information to support the business.
- Sound analytical skills, good problem solver.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.