Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Engineering and Supply Chain department plans, configures, supplies and fits all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform(OSP) into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
The Supply Planning Manager sits within the Engineering Supply Chain Operations team and takes accountability for driving, managing and transforming the supply planning function. They provide leadership direction based on business requirements and priorities, ensure material and finished good availability to fulfil the demand plan in a balanced and cost effective manner and act as a centre of excellence for supply and deployment planning in Ocado.
What will you be doing?
- Managing supply and deployment planners to consistently deliver against target service and inventory levels, within the agreed budget
- Driving the S&OP planning process
- Leading the S&OP supply review and associated processes in a timely manner
- Regularly reviewing planning activities and processes, identifying opportunities to improve and driving improvements through the supply planning function
- Developing and executing global strategic decisions which impact on planning activities
- Key business contact for all planning related matters
- Ensuring master data standards are embedded and adhered to
- Setting and managing planning control parameters for each item
- Maintaining the latest versions of MRP planning processes, ensuring changes are made through a formal sign-off process and then communicating changes afterwards
- Measuring the success of MRP planning processes, instigating changes where needed and working with stakeholders to ensure they are embedded in the business
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Management or similar
- 5-10 years of supply chain experience, ideally within demand/supply planning roles
- Knowledge of S&OP / operational processes and experience with ERP systems required
- Skilled leader, with previous line management experience
- Proven experience of managing and successfully delivering continuous improvement initiatives
- Analytical, capable of handling large data sets, with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong business acumen, understanding of the business and environment, with a heightened sense of good judgement
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment - needs to be able to multitask with proven follow-through and adherence to changing priorities and deadlines
- Strong communication (verbal and written) - needs to be able to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders across business levels
- IT literate - Google Software Suite, MS Office applications (Inc Word, PowerPoint & Excel proficiency) and excellent organisation skills
- Excellent presentation skills up to senior level
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- CSCP or similar qualification
- Change management experience
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……