We’re in an exciting period of transformational change at Ocado. We're seeing significant developments in our Solutions business, while our Retail business continues to grow as part of a new joint venture with M&S.
With success, growth and transformation, comes new ways of working and new opportunities and so we seek a Construction Compliance Manager to join our Legal, Governance, Risk and Compliance Team for the Ocado Group.
The role is to support Ocado Group Governance through the audit of Construction Project compliance with the Ocado Construction Health & Safety Management System, process and applicable regulations and laws.
You will be accountable for ensuring Ocado operates effectively and sustainably in delivery of a Construction Audit Plan for all global project and construction sites You will be agile, show resilience and be able to influence best practices and control implementations across the business.
This position is a new addition within the Legal Governance, Risk and Compliance Function. This role will give you autonomy to embed agreed construction compliance audit procedures and best practice and you will be accountable for improving the quality of processes across the Ocado Group, internationally.
What will you be doing?
- Support the delivery of a Construction Audit Plan for all global project and construction sites
- Ensures Project compliance with the Ocado Construction Health and Safety Management Systems (UK and International) and applicable Regulations by examining project documentation
- Following agreed Construction Compliance Audit procedures
- Identifies higher risk Construction activities
- Completes Audit Reports and shares Lessons Learnt with the Project Team
- Collaborates with and supports external Compliance Consultants to complete construction audits Provides communications on Audit Programme and actions, reports and dashboard
- Principal contact for Project Teams and external Auditors involved in the Construction Compliance Audit process. Identifies work process improvement
- Support development of construction safety and compliance policies, with external support for international policies
- May also support the Ocado Client function with advice on the application of the Construction Health & Safety Management System and Regulations to Construction Projects (UK and International)
- Experience in the application of Compliance audits to Construction Projects
- A good understanding of Construction and Design Management (CDM) Regulations.
- Ideally holds ISO Internal Auditor qualification
- Ideally experience in international construction
- Excellent Communication skills with the ability to engage a range of stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ideally Membership of the Association for Project Safety
- Qualified to NEBOSH certificate level
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry also means transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us, in Trident Place we offer weekly exercise classes, a games room, coffee shop and an amazing food hall to satisfy you at any time of day with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, paternity and maternity leave, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and family friendly offers.