About the product:
StorePick is a system that supports the in-store fulfilment of online orders, a physical process we continuously strive to improve with our software. In order to do that, we capture tons of data, stream it and analyse it into a Data Lake. Your job will be to help us harvest new sources, transform the collected data, create and organise internal and external Data APIs, prepare automatic exports, feed internal dashboards and conform to SLAs. To facilitate all this, robust and flexible architecture is in place that uses data flows, APIs, BigQuery, SQL jobs and dashboards all working together to achieve our challenging goals.
We are now looking for a Data Engineers to join our team.
Responsibilities within the team:
- Deep understanding of the business processes
- Identifying and collecting all key data anticipating current and future needs
- Maintaining high quality of the stored data
- Organizing the data in a way that is easy to query and analyse
Knowledge and skills we are looking for:
- Experience with Java / Kotlin
- SQL, Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Data modeling and query optimisation
- Window functions, aggregation, partition tables, BigData
- Data processing, ETL
- Data driven / knows the importance of data to run a successful business
- BigQuery, Redshift, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Ability to chart and visualise data
- Interest or experience with ML
In return we can offer you:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Click to find out more about our values and our recruitment process.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.