A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Planner to join our Sales & Capacity planning team on an initial 6 month fixed term contract. You will be responsible for analysing sales trends and taking appropriate action to maximise sales, offer excellent delivery availability to our customers while also ensuring that this is all done as efficiently as possible.
We want you to be able to develop new skills and knowledge that help you grow, as well as contributing to the continuing improvement of the department’s tools, systems & practices, all in line with our exciting and evolving business
- To monitor and track sales predictions across the day
- To maintain effective slot availability for customers via the Ocado website
- To Identify possible savings and improvements for the department and support their implementation
- Analyse and understand dynamic forecasts
- To communicate and coordinate with other team members and managers to ensure site goals and strategies are met
- Be ready to challenge and be challenged
- Coordinate resources between operations across the UK to hit sales and efficiency targets
- Work closely with sales teams, operational teams and other planning teams
- Communicate effectively with various people in the business including Senior Management
- Provide reports to relevant departments within the business
- To ensure Competition Compliance Guidelines are followed
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Skills and Knowledge
- Analytical mind, capable of resolving any issues in an effective manner
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Excellent time management skills
- Good verbal / written communication skills
- Intermediate / advanced Excel skills
- Comfortable working under pressure while completing multiple tasks
- Comfortable with working with large amounts of data
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
At Ocado, in everything we do, we strive to offer the very best to our customers - the best service, the best quality and the very best customer experience. That begins with each and every one of us and how we behave.
Our values are Ocado’s DNA; they act as a guide for everything we say and do. ‘The Ocado Way’ develops our values into the details about the way we do things - how we act and work together with each other and our customers. It describes how you need to behave at work to make a real and positive impact on our success.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.