“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
A bit about us...
Ocado Technology is at the forefront of revolutionizing the online retail market with its highly advanced automated warehouses using robotics, artificial intelligence, advanced sensors, data analytics and machine learning. At the core of our online retail solution, known as Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), are self-autonomous and self-guided robots that are automating the operations in our grocery warehouses. Our robots move with ultraprecision using advanced sensors, automating the process of picking and carrying bulky items to fulfil customer orders and assisting warehouse workers in real-time.
You will be part of a talented team working closely across domains to solve challenging and exciting technical problems while pushing the boundaries of innovation within the Automation and Robotics space. “Who we are and what we do at Ocado Technology"
You will be developing high-quality solutions and systems that will fuel these robots through various stages of its life cycle.
What you'll do...
- Gain deep technical knowledge and understanding of bot systems, right down to the lowest levels
- Develop metrics and monitoring tools to assess the performance of our bot systems
- Investigate and resolve causes of poor performance
- Use data driven techniques to perform investigations, gain insight into our system and solve problems
- Perform high quality peer code reviews
- Adopt a ‘continual improvement’ methodology
We'd like to talk to you if you have...
- Experience working with complex production systems.
- Prior experience in a relevant role, e.g. SRE, DataAnalyst.
- Experience with one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python.
- Proven experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment.
These would make you stand out from the crowd;
- Bachelor's degree or higher in mechatronics, robotics, electrical engineering, computer science engineering or a related field.
- Experience using SQL, Python.
- Experience with Statistics/ Data Analytics and Data Visualisation.
- Proficiency/ experience working with Prometheus, Grafana and big data platforms like Google BigQuery
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Ability to debug, optimize code and automate routine tasks
What we can offer you…
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.