Senior Finance Manager - Reporting is a new role responsible for the development & maintenance of the Financial reporting roadmap to deliver high quality reporting insight that informs internal strategic business decision making and to fulfil external statutory requirements. The future roadmap will achieve best practice reporting for Ocado Group that delivers efficiency, insight & capability improvements.
Establishing the developer and analysts teams to provide a high quality and consistent service to Finance & other partners that meets the reporting requirements of the growing global client business.
This role reports into the Head of Reporting Centre of Excellence in the Finance Excellence team. The role is responsible for line management of the Business Analysts – and Oracle Report Developers.
What you will be doing?
- Leading the development, maintenance and execution of the reporting roadmap for financial & key non-financial data for Ocado Group, delivering efficiency, insight & capability improvements to finance and other business partners
- Establishing, leading and developing a high performing, highly engaged and collaborative team of Oracle Report Developers & Business Analysts, creating a culture of excellence and controls
- Ensuring that the reporting roadmap delivers the current and future needs of the users, is appropriately integrated with business processes, and that appropriate standards of scrutiny are applied
- Ensuring a consistent approach to development and that consistent and adequate quality standards are maintained
- Providing advice and training to the Finance community and business users on driving best practice report insights through effective use of tools, standardisation, templates, formats and visualisation
- Assuming the delegated authority of the Head of the RCOE over matters of governance, control, and policy
- Ensuring that good process and governance standards for Ocado reporting are maintained, including testing, change and release management
- Ensuring that reporting team activities are aligned with the wider Oracle development agenda
- Ensuring that data activities are appropriately integrated with the wider reporting roadmap and systems development agenda
- Seek out and evaluate new data or reporting tools which will provide further insight or efficiencies
- Communicate priorities & status to the user population, including finance team leaders
- A qualification from a recognised chartered accountancy institute (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)+ min 4 yrs PQE
- Excellent working knowledge of the capability of the various Fusion/Oracle reporting tools
- Excellent knowledge of finance processes and how the Oracle design reflects these processes
- Have an excellent understanding of financial statements and reports including Management and Statutory Accounts, P&Ls, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements.
- Excellent understanding of data and data structures, including the chart of accounts
- Extensive experience of Oracle reporting tools in a complex, global, multi-currency organisation
- Strong experience of leading a program of work, working with stakeholders at all levels across the business, delivering with quality but at pace
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- Highly numerate and analytical
- An accomplished line manager with a track record for developing direct reports
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...