“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
At Ocado Solutions and Client Services we are responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world, redefining the customer grocery experience through the adoption of a centralised, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
About the team
The Client Services business function provides support and maintenance of the Ocado OSP solution wherever it is deployed around the world. This role requires you to use your deep OSP product knowledge to provide a wide range of services on the use and functionality of the Ocado OSP solution to internal and external clients and stakeholders.
You will be an expert who is able to assess an operational instore fulfilment environment and devise alternative ways of working to achieve optimal performance and business objectives. You will also use your expertise and understanding of what is happening in the live operational environments to provide product roadmap recommendations.
What would I be doing?
- Owning and managing the creation and update of Client Operations embedding and training material
- Delivery of ISF embedding and training to OSP Clients ensuring they have the knowledge and capability to effectively deliver their business objectives through OSP
- Providing onsite support for Clients for up to 3 months after Go Live
- Supporting client Operations team with new site setup and readiness
- Influencing product developments and ISF designs to ensure Client and Client Services considerations are taken into account
- Ensuring Client queries and requests for information are managed to Client satisfaction
- Analysis and review of ISF performance to provide insight into improvement opportunities
- Ensuring ISF performance data is available for reporting, including mitigation and root cause.
- Accountability of building and managing Clients go live support team budget in line with Business requirements.
- Leading an engaged high performing team
What We Would Like To See:
- Previous experience and demonstrable breadth and depth of knowledge in a retail / grocery Operations environment at a regional / national level
- Previous experience of working for a big four retailer
- Highly organised and resilient with an eye for detail and strong analytical skills
- Commercial thinking - commercially astute with a proven track record demonstrating business acumen
- Analytical - able to understand, interpret and convey data to a wider audience
- Critical thinking - can develop strategic and tactical priorities and display high levels of initiative
- Relationship management - works well with others, able to adapt the ideas of others and influence and negotiate accordingly
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills.
- People management and leadership skills with proven ability to:
- inspire, motivate and empower others;
- make tough decisions, handle difficult situations and face major challenges with positivity, confidence and pragmatism;
- contributes towards team/department/mission objectives to enable high performance.
- Ability to promote a quality-led and continuous improvement environment
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to prioritise workload against business/project requirements and key customers/clients
- Ability to provide high quality customer service to clients
- Self-motivated, able to deliver under deadlines and multi-task under pressure
What we can offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We will always aim to respond to everyone who applies for one of our roles. Sometimes though we have a lot of applicants and it takes us a little while to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of your application, then you should take it that you have not been successful on this occasion and accept our apologies that we didn’t manage to get back to you personally.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.