This high profile role offers the opportunity to provide key finance support to the operations section of the Client Services business area, responsible for supporting and maintaining Ocado’s CFCs and online retail platforms for our clients in the North American region. This will be the first Finance role that Ocado will hire in this region.
You will be joining a growing Finance Business Partnering team of 10 with the opportunity to really add value in this rapidly expanding business mission for Ocado, by producing periodic management accounts and enhancing the provision of insightful reporting and analysis to support decision making.
This role will require you to balance the need to both support and enable significant growth of the business and to ensure we maintain a focus on cost control and accurate reporting which is key to Ocado’s future profitability.
Furthermore, you will assist in the development and implementation of standardised, insightful and efficient reporting that will benefit both Finance & Client Services to understand our key performance metrics and inform our future forecasts.
What you will be doing?
- Determine the appropriate finance resourcing requirements in this region as our operations expand over time. (There will continue to be support provided from the UK in the short-term).
- Build effective working relationships with key stakeholders to form a trusted and integral partnership with focus on the following aspects:
- Act as the dedicated support to the Client Services management teams for each market and each site within the North American region
- Implement and tailor central guidance and processes to local markets as appropriate
- Assist the setup of all new sites in the region
- Lead business partners through budgeting and forecasting of the operating costs in their areas, owning budget models and ensuring key assumptions and variances are reasonable and explained
- Action learnings from previous budgeting cycles and drive efficiencies in the process to support a scaling business
- Support business partners in identifying risks and opportunities
- Collaborating across finance teams to ensure timely and accurate period management accounts and reports are produced.
- Develop analysis that provides insightful commentary leading to actions that add value
- Undertake periodic reviews with business partners, challenging them appropriately on KPIs and variances to budget
- Instil good financial behaviours and encourage the adoption of centralised processes, particularly from new managers
- Verify recruitment plans are reasonable and adhered to, supporting the implementation of new controls processes to maintain cost control; Proposed variations to budget to be understood and approved; Ensure any changes to site growth plans are reflected in revised hiring plans
- Identify appropriate cost allocations to clients and ensure these are accurate and complete
- Ensure staff time is being recorded appropriately from the timesheet system to allow accurate accounting of costs
- Experience in supporting Senior non-finance teams essential
- Solid experience of budgeting and forecasting
- Advanced Excel skills are essential
- Experience of business process/system transformations
- Experience in global business within Engineering/Technology sectors
- Experience of mainstream accounting packages e.g. Oracle and Hyperion
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...