"Engineering that delivers the future of online grocery retail"
Ocado Engineering builds and maintains Ocado’s highly automated warehouses of the future.
Our state-of-the-art facilities, which incorporate cutting-edge automation, robotics and control systems, are the cornerstone of the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP): the world's most advanced end-to-end eCommerce, fulfilment and logistics platform.
These warehouses are not just built to keep the rain off - they are fully integrated constructions which house complex, accurate machines of many kinds which actively interact with each other and the fabric of the building around them with intelligence and precision. Inside, thousands of bots ‘swarm-pick’ complex grocery orders from vast storage grids.
What will I be doing?
This is an exciting opportunity to work within an Employer Brand role, within a central Comms team and be a part of a growing team for the Ocado Engineering brand. We are a 20-year-old business with the pace and flat structure of a start-up. In this role you will have the ability to ideate and craft content campaigns across a range of formats to help us scale our efforts and accelerate recruiting for the brand globally.
What We'd Like You To Do...
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders across the communications, marketing, employer branding and recruitment organisation
- Idea generation for recruitment marketing content/campaigns from conception to implementation. These campaigns will position Ocado Engineering as a company at the fore-front of engineering excellence and innovation with a strong focus on accelerating recruitment for Platform Implementation and Engineering Operations globally
- Adept at copywriting everything from social posts to long-form content with an excellent attention to detail, while ensuring the consistency of the brand's tone of voice is maintained
- Embed engaging content throughout the candidate journey
- Be comfortable in working with external companies/agencies to track and action job posts in our international markets. Use data to understand what is working and make recommendations as necessary
- Own key projects to build employee advocacy and increase engagement across social channels
- Understand how to collect and report on data. Using this to make informed decisions about how we can move the needle to increase hires
- Support internal communications and employee engagement by managing newsletters
What We Look For...
- Experience preferably within an in-house technology or engineering communications and/or marketing team
- Experience of scaling content within an EMEA or global scope
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with writing brand copy and driving employer branding strategies across relevant channels including but not limited to; job boards, social media, blog posts, university hiring and events
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate quantitative data into action plans
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams to ensure deliverables are met
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, strategically, and operationally
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple projects efficiently
- Educated to degree level preferred
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated
- Experience of working with technology companies with a start up mentality
- Experience of media and PR is not essential but would be advantageous
- Being approachable, proactive, flexible, engaged, creative and attentive
- Strong team player who is self-motivated and able to multitask under pressure
- You have the ability to solve problems with positive outcomes
- A passion for the exciting work of Ocado Group and Ocado Engineering
What We Can Offer You...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.