“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
This is an exciting product management opportunity to bring an additional ecommerce proposition to market and lead it to maturity. We will be creating a suite of partner-facing APIs that will allow grocery retailers to exploit the value of end to end OSP and related investment by a technology partner, but still control the shopping channels experienced by their customers.
We are looking for a strategic product manager to drive the strategy and delivery of this new product area. You’ll need to have API product management experience and, ideally, experience launching a new proposition. The role forms part of the Ecommerce product team which underpins Ocado Technology's product focus, bridging technical and business worlds to translate business needs into great products and solutions for our clients.
What you will be doing;
- Leading product thinking for the Ecommerce Partner Platform (EPP), establishing alignment and being the voice of the EPP strategy within Ecommerce and Technology, taking ownership for its outcomes.
- Becoming the EPP product expert, understanding the business landscape, technology opportunities, the retailers and their needs and how to translate this into solutions.
- Championing the product vision & ensuring the plan is in line with vision and goals and continues to be fit for purpose throughout roadmap delivery.
- Engaging stakeholders effectively to develop a deep understanding of retailer objectives for an API-driven front end, leveraging multiple information sources to form clear recommendations and make decisions, ensuring alignment to Ocado Technology’s strategy.
- Driving through issues and ambiguity with a structured and facilitative approach.
- Forming close working relationships with peers and key stakeholders, creating an environment of open collaboration - with a key focus on collaborating effectively with senior stakeholders across the business.
We would like to hear from you if you...
- API Product management experience and, ideally, you’ll also have experience launching a new proposition
- You have a track record influencing multiple stakeholders without direct authority and handling competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You are highly capable formulating and communicating product strategy, whether to your team or senior stakeholders
- You are assertive but diplomatic and have a bias for action, collaboration and optimism
- Able to engage confidently in technical conversations with engineering teams
What we can offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. While we are to able offer sponsorship, please note that unfortunately, we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.