Shift: 48 hours per week, working 12 hour shifts any 4 from 7 nights including Days and Nights.
Location: Dordon, Tamworth, B78 1SE
We are currently looking for an experienced Warehouse Operations Manager to join our team at Ocado's customer fulfilment centre (CFC) based in Dordon.
Accountable to our Senior Operations Manager, you will lead and motivate the business unit teams in the successful operation and optimisation of our platforms to deliver maximum client and customer value through successful day-day delivery of Ocado's world class customer experience.
What will you be doing?
Living and breathing our 5 Pillars - Safety, People, Customer Quality, Delivery, Cost - you will provide motivation and drive excellence in all that we do.
Safety - Demonstrate and lead a positive Health and Safety culture at work, maintaining exceptional Health and Safety standards across the site and operating region.
People - Shape and drive a world class employee experience and environment to attract and retain the right people as well as lead your teams to foster a culture of respect, diversity & inclusion, identity, loyalty, trust and aspiration where people are engaged and motivated to commit to Ocado and our values. Key people KPIs will be a vital focus, as will developing your people and implementing effective employee engagement initiatives.
Customer and Cost - Champion the process of continuous improvement, challenge and amend performance metrics to deliver improvements to productivity and standards and role model the exemplary standards required to delight our customers. You will also lead the pursuit of excellent housekeeping standards and ensure food safety mechanisms are adhered to.
Delivery - Lead the operation and identify innovative ways in which to serve our customers and conduct our business as well as contribute to setting the site and regional strategies. You will also manage your team’s resource level, and prepare and justify budgets and plans against expected volumes. Communication is key, we expect you to use effective methods to inform of key business results, continuous improvement initiatives, and other important messages.
- Experience in leading large and diverse teams in a fast paced environment
- Passion for developing people with a proven track record of spotting and nurturing talent demonstrable through formal talent mapping and succession planning
- Excellent numeracy and communication skills, both verbal and written
- High levels of PC/Microsoft package literacy
- Experience and knowledge of best practice Health & Safety ways of working
- A sincere bias for action and passionate about achieving results and driving production through efficiency and process improvement
- Ability to demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical capability to influence business and technical audiences
- Flexibility to work all shifts, including weekends, in an operational 24/7 environment
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- previous experience in a 24/7 warehouse or logistics environment on a similar scale;
- working knowledge of computerised warehouse management systems;
- previous/current qualifications in the use of Mechanical Handling Equipment;
- previous experience in a continuous improvement environment;
- qualified in either IOSH Managing Safely, Managing Safety at Ocado or similar recognised qualification;
- competent in two or more production or supply chain areas;
- previous experience working with all or parts of Google’s suite of cloud tools;
- track record of successfully working with budgets.
What else do you need to know?
- work 4 x 12 hour shifts each week, rotating between days and nights;
- be expected to be a Subject Matter Expert on operational processes and activities within the Customer Fulfilment Centre;
- stand/walk for extended periods;
- sometimes lift objects weighing up to 30kg from the floor to shoulder height;
- need to wear protective equipment where required;
- be trained to use Mechanical Handling Equipment;
- spend time in environments ranging in temperature from +30 to -30 (degrees C).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.