“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What would I be doing?
- Work side by side with the other support analysts across Oracle Financial Systems Team
- You will work closely with the Oracle Delivery Manager to ensure change requests are completed via change management process.
- Work closely with business users for continual service improvement. Building rapport and credibility.
- Manage your queue of incidents through to resolution. Ensuring that the resolution is fully documented and working with Oracle Support if you are unable to resolve yourself.
- Manage with service requests from users through to implementation into the production environment.
- The ability and experience of impact assessments of change.
- The ability and experience of impact assessments of quarterly updates from Oracle.
- Supporting our users with the SaaS quarterly update life cycle.
- To highlight trends and major incidents to your Team Leader
- Document key process and How to Guides to support other team members and knowledge share.
What does the team do
The Enterprise Applications team are focused on providing business applications and services which are supported, stable and streamlined to enable Ocado teams to work in a clear, controlled and cost effective manner.
Working within the Financial Systems team, the team provides key frontline support. The role will involve resolution of support issues in Oracle Fusion as well as scope to assist the business on new projects and deliverables, whilst maintaining the integrity of financial information.
What we are looking for
This role is a 6 month fixed term contract.
- Significant experience working as an Oracle ERP/Fusion Support Analyst (or similar role)
- Experience with Oracle Fusion, including Financials, Supply Chain Management, OTBI, Oracle OBI
- Functional knowledge of GL, AR, AP, iExpenses, CE, FA, PO, iProcurement, MRP
- Excellent Written & Verbal English communication skills
- Understanding and experience in Configurations/Customisations, Extensions, Modifications, Localisations, Interfaces (CEMLIs)
- Experience of managing Oracle Service Requests, including Sev-1 SRs, and the SR escalation process
- Troubleshooting problems, including functional replication of issues
- Understanding & experience with change control management & release management
- Functional knowledge of Order Management, Inventory, Projects
Experience with the following would make you stand out from the crowd:
- Oracle R12, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Workflow, Oracle Certifications
- Oracle SQL and SQL tools e.g. SQL Developer, Toad
- ITIL Certification
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.