“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What does the team do
The Enterprise Applications team are focused on providing business applications and services which are supported, stable and streamlined to enable Ocado teams to work in a clear, controlled and cost effective manner.
Our team within Group IT are looking for a Delivery Manager who will be responsible for technology project plans, controls, and resource plans, and making sure they are in line with any wider programme plans and controls. We’re looking for someone who will maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders across multiple business streams and functions and at different levels of hierarchy, including respective technology or business project managers.
What would I be doing?
- Lead the Technical workstream (solution / integration / testing / cutover) throughout the implementation, across various projects on a global scale
- Support and capture of the technical requirements, ensuring they meet the business needs and aligning with IT Strategy
- Work with the business to translate business requirements from initial design through to implementation and deployment
- Ensure testing is being executed to agreed Test Strategy/plan across all components
- Ensure the selected solution integrates with existing technology infrastructure within the business
- Delivery of interfaces/integrations and the specification/documentation of all technical designs
- Manage the team to plan and execute cutover/service transition
- Ownership of the technical project plan and management of the technical activities including tracking against plan and ensuring quality of delivery.
- Drive all phases of the functional/non functional technical implementation of the project from the planning to post go-live, ensuring desired scope, timeline, and quality are met.
- Oversee that activities in place to prepare the business and engage all the appropriate stakeholders to enable change to be implemented and handed over.
- Manage and empower team through project lifecycle
Please note that this role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for someone who has extensive experience delivering projects with business applications. Naturally, we’re looking for someone with experience of design, build, test and delivery of system developments and reporting (product lifecycle) as well as the following:
- Proven ability to lead implementations in global organisations
- Understanding of Data Migration, Testing, Solution Architecture and Integration
- Track record of delivering technical components of transformation projects
- Able to understand the proposed technical solutions to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans
- Able to identify business opportunities to increase usability and profitability of system architecture
- Collaboration with the wider programme across planning, tracking, status reporting and risk & issue management
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.