Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Ocado Automation Engineering sits the Product Application Engineering team who are responsible for the application, configuration and ongoing life support of our solutions used to power our automated CFCs. They are the engineering experts providing centralised specialist knowledge to multiple teams within Ocado.
The Product Engineering Specialist is responsible for driving the products from concept design through to completion, working cross-functionally with stakeholders, either in the office or on-site whilst maintaining in-depth product knowledge. The Product Engineering Specialist is to provide ongoing product support to Engineering Operations to resolve any engineering issues as well as providing valuable feedback for future CFC’s.
What will you be doing?...
With a focus on (but not limited to) your assigned Products (Conveyor System):
- Carry out the configuration and application engineering detail
- Support C&I with installation expertise, ensuring best practice is followed and understood and product engineering challenges are resolved
- With out-sourced and single site solutions, project manage the engineering aspects to ensure successful project delivery end to end.
- Identify, and manage the resolution of engineering change requests and product improvements, taking full accountability and responsibility for changes on your products.
- Review, maintain and communicate related product technical documentation (including but not limited to FDS’s, manuals, BoM’s, install guides, FAT, PDI & SAT checklists)
- On-site and off-site pre-checks of vendor conveyor equipment build and modifications
- Provide engineering product support, especially during design, installation & commissioning phases
- Proactively support engineering supply chain with engineering detail, including acceptance testing, and order specification
- Ensure system integrity by collaborating with product engineers from other streams to ensure that any changes or issues in one area do not negatively impact another product or overall system.
- Materials handling and automation background
- Experience in conveyor design
- Experience of projects and products in FMCG distribution, waste/materials recycling facility, airports or similar field
- Project Engineering - demonstrable experience & success
- Field Installation of products and / or systems
- Acceptance Testing
- Commissioning of systems
- Deliver projects on time and within approved budgets.
- Excellent technical and practical competence relating to automation and general engineering
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……