Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Construction and Installation (C&I) department is responsible for delivering the physical elements of all Ocado Group projects globally. The Health & Safety Manager sits within the Install Excellence team, and takes accountability for:
- Providing strategic advice and guidance on C&I H&S policies and risks
- Providing leadership to local H&S specialists and establishing a proactive central H&S support service with a commercially-focused influence
- Developing and maintaining H&S policies and procedures for C&I to ensure that all managers, supervisors and staff are trained and comply with requirements of territory and role
- Representing central C&I H&S in reports on H&S programme and performance
This role is based at our Hatfield head office, travel to sites as per project requirements may be required.
What will you be doing?
- Creating and ensuring understanding of H&S policies and required standards by effective communication and training
- Developing and maintaining Ocado’s Global Health & Safety Construction Management System, ensuring all operational activities for the project sites comply with the most stringent H&S legislation and codes of practice
- Managing, facilitating and reviewing H&S advice and process implementation in early territory and project establishment internally and externally
- Driving the introduction of standards, tools and actions across C&I to enhance H&S performance and awareness
- Actively sharing best practice and learning of accidents across a global platform ensuring root cause analysis and corrective actions are implemented
- Working with other teams define and manage SSOW on construction sites employing best of Ocado Engineering standards, needs of the Client/General Contractor and to local regulations eg working at height, isolation etc
- Developing and maintaining H&S training matrix, content and reporting for Construction and Installation territories and job roles
- NEBOSH Dip / NCRQ Dip or equivalent qualification, CMIOSH preferred
- Demonstrable work experience in H&S Construction Management, preferably gained within international organisation and ideally logistics or engineering
- Experience with Health & Safety management software / cloud based solutions
- An effective communicator with the ability to negotiate, influence and use diplomacy with clients, colleagues and contractors at all levels
- Knowledge and experience of international standards; ISO 45001
- Evidence based approach with good problem solving skills with the ability to produce high quality, user-friendly reports
- IT literate - Google Software Suite, MS Office applications (Inc MS Project, powerpoint & Excel proficiency)
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…