Global Servicedesk Manager
At Ocado Client Services we are responsible providing the aftercare support Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a proven background in a Global Operations environment supporting multiple International clients to work in our Service Assurance Operations Centre. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team in an expanding international company that is at the cutting edge of technology. The Ocado Smart Platform is our new modular and scalable solution for building our automated warehouses which we will use to put some of the largest retailers around the world online using our disruptive business model.
You will have direct line responsibility for your Shift Management team operating 24/7 365. Your primary focus will be to prioritize and coordinate the working practices of the Service Assurance Operations Center dealing with competing customer demands driving continuity and exceptional customer service.
What will I be doing?
- Leading, mentoring and driving the performance of your Shift Teams ensuring knowledge and capability is in line with Business demands and the introduction of new technologies.
- Line management of a multi-skilled team including goal setting, development plans and one to one meetings.
- Building the effectiveness, productivity, and performance of the teams.
- Identifying and working to remove obstacles to the team’s productivity.
- Managing the Service Assurance Operations Centre ensuring all incidents are managed, updated, communicated and escalated as appropriate.
- Managing customer expectations during Incident including both internal and external stakeholders.
- Working with the Service Assurance Manager to influence, shape and implement strategic directions for the Service Assurance teams.
- Provide monthly incident response performance reports.
- Analyze the performance of Service Assurance activities and resolutions.
- SLAs and KPI management and adherence.
- Planning and effective delivery of project/continuous improvement initiatives.
- Input to and influence the knowledge management process.
- Management of the movers, leavers and joiners processes including new user orientation.
- Develop and maintain a skills matrix around team roles and objectives.
- Maintaining continuity and collaboration across Shift Teams.
What we would like you see:
- 5 years+ experience in a senior global leadership role within a Multi-language Operations Centre managing Shift Managers, Major Incident Teams and Service Desk teams in a highly technical and Agile environment.
- Technical background and educated to degree level or equivalent within a Technical or Science or similar numerate subject.
- Significant experience in Change, Major Incident and Problem Management gained in an ITIL-based organisation. It is expected that the post-holder will have relevant ITIL qualifications.
- Strong KPI focus - Reporting and monitoring skills. Ability to identify and analyze process-related metrics.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with internal and external stakeholders, remaining calm and courteous while working to resolve problems.
- A hands-on individual who is not afraid to roll up sleeves and get into detail with excellent analytical skills with a commitment to quality standards.
- Self-motivated, able to deliver under deadlines and multi-task under pressure.
- Driven to provide exceptional customer service and team morale.
- Self-starter with a passion for personal development
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Must be team-oriented
- Must have a desire and passion for continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.