We have a new exciting role within our Finance Systems team supporting the Ocado Retail business.
The Oracle Systems Manager is responsible for delivering high quality solutions through managing people and resources, whilst providing professional expertise. It is the operational link between finance leadership team, key users and stakeholders and will contribute to the ERP strategy but ensuring the system remains business focused, is fit for purpose and supports Ocado's overall future business strategy.
What will you be doing?
- Review and manage the development of the governance and operating models, propose amendments and improvements that drive business ownership, system stability and effective performance
- Manage the Oracle team dedicated to Ocado Retail in monitoring governance and process compliance, escalating issues and taking actions to resolve
- Provide key business stakeholders with advice on the cost and effectiveness of proposed enhancements.
- Support business activities, resolving user incidents and service requests. Manage developer, DBA and technical inputs as required, coordinating between functional and technical areas.
- Develop training strategy, best practices and user guides working with the business
- Support during audits, data extract/uploads and business close processes
- Manage feedback and support assessment system performance, investigation and resolution of issues in collaboration across Oracle support team and stakeholders.
- Ensure the Oracle support team has up to date system documentation and also an agreed set of scenarios and related test scripts and data for UAT and regression tests.
- Contribute to management of application architecture by the Technical Support team and external suppliers, advising of future requirements and supporting during implementation as required.
- Contribute development of a Business Continuity Plan and ensure the team are aware of the invocation process and their role
- Proven experience working within Oracle ERP functional development and support teams.
- Strong knowledge of core Oracle E-Business Suite systems and general Oracle procedures.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP Cloud systems and Oracle roadmap.
- Able to write SQL queries/reports to analyse data.
- Expertise in Oracle R12 Financials specialist areas including FA, GL, CM, AR, Procurement and AP.
- Experience of managing a team and third party IT support providers.
- Extensive ERP experience operating at a senior level within a large retailer.
- Experience of working within a large, fast paced, complex, customer focussed environment.
- Proven record of communicating and influencing across a range of audiences internally and externally.
- Good customer service skillset, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary.
- Committed team player who is able to manage vertically and horizontally.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.