- Govern the maintenance process, procedures and CMMS for global OSP MHE
- Manage communications to all sites relating to maintenance schedules and improvements, product changes, and KPI’s to ensure consistent ways of working.
- Develop maintenance strategies for two major categories of onsite assets, robots and peripherals.
- Coordinate the capture of best practice and continuous improvement initiatives from all sites.
- Develop and rollout the strategy for managing spare parts.
- Contribute and deliver the road map to achieve predictive maintenance routines on relevant assets.
- Liaise with sites to conduct pre go live, planned maintenance, and compliance auditing / Manage expectations and support sites to plan and deliver remedial actions.
- Coordinate with Business Improvement and Technical Management to provide feedback and improvement suggestions to the Central Engineering and Product Development teams.
- Experience of maintenance strategies and lean methodologies.
- Some Project management experience is desirable.
- Expert analytical skills and ability to identify opportunities for improvement
- Exceptional technical & experienced hands-on ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to meet demanding targets in a pressurised environment.
- Qualifications ideally degree level in electrical or mechanical engineering.
Business Competencies include:
- Interpersonal skills
- Accurate with attention to detail
- Flexible, time management
- Good communication and organisational skills
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We will always aim to respond to everyone who applies for one of our roles. Sometimes though we have a lot of applicants and it takes us a little while to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of your application, then you should take it that you have not been successful on this occasion and accept our apologies that we didn’t manage to get back to you personally.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.