“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What does the team do
The End-User Computing (EUC) Engineers’s primary objective is to ensure the smooth running of day to day technical objectives, with an emphasis on delivering against small projects and tasks set for the team to fulfill. The role also entails technical incident management along with providing an overall excellent customer service for our office based employees.
Our expanding team is looking for an ardent and enthusiastic End-User Computing Engineer to join our Head office team based in Hatfield. As a Engineer you will be passionate about delivering exceptional customer service through top notch 1st and 2nd line technical support. The EUC is a dynamic environment with new challenges and technologies being constantly developed and deployed. The EUC is currently providing business support between 07:00hrs - 19:00hrs (Monday-Friday) on a 9 hour shift. Although we’re working from home currently, you will be required to work in the office on an ADHOC basis.
What would I be doing?
- Work efficiently to provide 1st and 2nd line IT Technical support with assisted support under guidance from TSS Senior Technician.
- Be comfortable with service level agreements (SLA’s) and setting a clear expectation to the customer.
- Deliver a first class service focusing on customer satisfaction and responding to internal customer’s needs, including director level stakeholders
- Maintaining and supporting OS X and Windows technology within the offices, responding to issues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Participate and implement elements of business projects as and when required.
- Be able to follow policies and procedures clearly and the forethought to highlight necessary amendments, ensuring documentation is current.
- Collaborate with the technical team and maintain a good work ethic.
What we are looking for
- Recent experience of 1st/2nd line support experience within a large helpdesk or desktop support team.
- Proven track record of providing high quality customer service and communication skills for company executives.
- Ability to provide technical support on MAC OS X and Windows 10.
- An understanding of audio visual technologies.
- An understanding of network infrastructure.
- Logical problem solving through to resolution.
- Work well as part of a team, supporting other members of the Technical Support Team.
- A full, clean UK driving license.
This would make you stand out from the crowd:
- Exposure to the Bash shell scripting/Windows Powershell technology would be beneficial.
- iOS and Android configuration skills are desirable.
- An IT qualification would be desirable (i.e. ITIL Foundation, NVQ etc.).
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.