Shift: You will work on a 42 hour contract with a 4 on 4 off shift pattern (including weekends). Day shift starts from 06:00 until 18:00.
Salary: £10.84 per hour
Our Hatfield Fulfilment Centre is our most established major distribution depot. This site is an automated warehouse where all Ocado products are stored. It also facilitates our customers’ orders which are picked and dispatched, using highly sophisticated systems and processes, enabling Ocado to deliver in one hour time slots.
We at Ocado's Customer Fulfilment Centre in Hatfield require an enthusiastic individual to join our support team as a Service Support Team Member. The main responsibility for the post holder will be to be responsible for the Waste and returns. You will be required to process all waste within the CFC ensuring that it is within the legal segregation. You will also be responsible for processing all returns from customers, following the correct procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Processing the waste into the correct compactor and reporting any contaminated bins.
- Cleaning and maintaining the 1100LTR Bins each time they are emptied. Reporting any contaminated bins/ Cleaning and maintaining the bin.
- Decanting the contents into the Waste safes.
- Baling the shrink wrap using machine provided.
- Emptying the Wood skip and conducting daily reports on the external wood skip. Regularly check the baler to ensure its working.
- Processing all customer totes and allocating the contents to different areas i.e. Charities, Company Shop, and return to stock.
- Sorting internal damages sent from pick floors and inbound, scanning products to Apple Cafe
- Regular reports of the volume of returns.
- Loading/Unloading charity vehicles & company shop vehicles
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
What will I get in return?
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more!
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.