We are a team of analysts that specialise in providing accurate views of likely future labour, infrastructure and asset requirements, identifying opportunities for business growth and operational efficiencies. As Ocado grows, we want to review our ways of working to ensure our systems and processes are efficient for the new scale of our UK logistics operations.
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate or somebody currently within a technical or consulting role, who is looking for the opportunity to develop analytical skills and gain exposure to the process of strategic transformation, at a time of rapid growth and change for Ocado’s UK Logistics operation.
What will you be doing?
As a Process Analyst, you will be leading large portions of our internal transformation projects, including:
- Process mapping and process optimisation, to help us redesign our ways of working and ensure clear communication of data across teams and geographical boundaries.
- Documenting the ‘as-is’ state of processes, collating and linking systems, tools and owners to the relevant activities within planning and supply chain.
- Running workshops with subject-matter experts to understand points of strength and weakness in our processes, and facilitating redesign and automation to improve them
- Providing analytical insight into how processes may scale, or methods by which they could be made more efficient.
- Reducing workload by understanding where driving accuracy in our forecast assumptions across a range of time horizons would allow us to ensure the right people in the right places at the right times, to maximise sales capacity and minimise cost.
- Presenting your findings to senior management and directors to steer the transformation strategy.
- Comfortable working with a range of stakeholders, from shop-floor operations to directors, and subject matter experts across departments.
- Numerically strong, and able to provide financial estimates of cost-benefit rapidly and at multiple levels of detail.
- Process mapping and process flow experience desirable, with evidence of being able to produce simplicity from apparent complexity and represent this accurately.
- Self-starter who can work independently and manage their time to achieve deadlines, providing structured updates on project progress.
- Advantageous to have knowledge of SQL, VBA or other analytical software, or interested in developing these skills..
- Proficient in Excel and/or GoogleSheets and able to provide clear visualisations and presentations of analysis in any software package.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.