We have an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Specialist (Environment, Projects and Policy)
The purpose of the role is to support our business customers with the successful deployment of the Ocado Health, Safety and Environmental Arrangements and strive to achieve full regulatory compliance.
Something for you to think about before you apply: You must have a NEBOSH general certificate level 3.
What you will be doing:
- Creation, development and maintenance of group HS&E policy
- Maintain and develop the safety management system (including ISO45001)
- Carry out HS&E audits
- Support and participate in development projects and design reviews
- Provide guidance and best practice considerations
- Diligently review legal and legislative requirements prior to issuing advise
- Adopt a positive “can do” attitude
- Stay informed of changes in law, and draft changes for review in policy and management systems
- Drive environmental compliance and standards
- Assist and support with considerations for a wide variety of business projects
- Strive to support business project management in eliminating risks at the design stage
- Support and coach project management in the development of risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Continually review the effectiveness and accuracy of risk assessments and make recommendations
- Assist with the updating and completion of the business health and safety action plan
- Analysis of health & safety trends and advising project management on how to improve performance
- Accountable to the EPP Manager and Head of Department
- Attend courses relevant to the role
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (working towards Associate Certificate)
- The ability to compile accurate detailed reports
- Relevant experience in HS&E
- A good understanding of basic project management principles
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Working understanding of Word, Excel and associated programmes
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...