iOS Developer (Wroclaw)
We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build ground-breaking, game-changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do basic. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. And when we say ‘we’, we mean ‘you’. Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly smart people, to create reliable, resilient, scalable and optimised software systems.
Roles & Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of this role include:
- Development of the Mobile iOS applications (mostly new features).
- Writing and maintaining automation tests suites.
- Work collaboratively inside and outside the team to achieve business objectives.
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong programming and object-oriented design skills.
- Good spoken and written English.
- An iOS expert, with extensive knowledge of Swift.
- Extensive experience working on published App Store apps.
- Pragmatic, but with a keen eye for detail.
- Passion for and understanding of automated testing (snapshot testing, unit testing, ui testing, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of good programming practices and standards (e.g. SOLID).
- Good knowledge of design (e.g. GoF) and architectural (e.g. MVVM, Redux, etc.) patterns.
- A fanaticism for clean code!
- Working knowledge of RxSwift, Combine and cocoapods will be an advantage
- An understanding and some experience of Agile software development.
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment.
- A mastery of git!
- Exposure to Reactive programming paradigms.
- Github projects or AppStore apps.
What we offer:
- Our employee benefits are designed for you:
- Private medical care
- Life insurance
- Multisport card
- Lunch pass cards
- English classes
- B2B contract or full-time employment contract
- Competitive salary
- Share option schemes
- Regular divisional and site socials
- Wellbeing programs
- Training/conferences budget(only full-time employment)
- Flexible working hours(currently fully remote, hybrid working model after COVID-19)
- Macbook Pro and other tools to make your comfortable and efficient
- Office at the Wroclaw’s market square
- Range of available parking spaces
- Experience in team work with leaders in Retail
- Access to O’Reilly resources (courses, videos, books)