“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouse that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.Ocado’s Automation Development department is at the cutting-edge of our engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
About this role...
This role is to work with the Centre leading Ocado Technology UK in establishing the UK as a Development Centre and, in particular, to support the operation of the Welwyn Garden City / London Development Centres.
The primary focus for the role is to support administrative and project work across Ocado Technology London and Welwyn Garden City Development Centres (currently home to 500+ engineers) as we transition from remote working to returning to the office, adapt to new office environments and new ways of working.
How you'll spend your days…
When we return to the office you will be expected to be in the office (on average) 2 days a week at the individual locations that needs focus, responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the maintenance of centre communication and seeking relevant content to share in these communities
- Keep local platforms up to date eg: Induction information, microsites, email groups, slack channels
- Town Hall / Roof top rambles - invite creation and guests
- Active member of community forums eg: Employee forum, support local events for up to 400 people
- Support the creation of comms plans, content and posting of information to identified audience
- Be responsible for day to day admin support assisting the UK Head of Centre and Centre Lead on duties relating to the effective running of the Centres
- Managing the efficient use of meeting rooms
- Locations that have no reception support you will purchase groceries, stationary and other ad-hoc items ensuring company purchasing processes are followed, manage post and travel arrangements
- Coordinate on-site employee engagement events
- Support the creation of processes that enable our Centres, our people and our visitors to thrive (e.g. support initiatives to enable focused work and remote teams to work effectively together; creating a visitors policy)
- Act as a point of contact for all office enquiries
- Have a proactive approach to supporting internal projects, that will enable Centres to respond and scale quickly to business and external needs
We're passionate about people with...
- Experience of working in a customer service led environment
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and writing
- Ability to take a pragmatic approach to problems
- Ability to lead, negotiate and influence at all levels, including senior management, to drive forward centre initiatives
- Ability to understand and assess the needs of the centre as well as the overall business to drive forward solutions
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, ability to prioritise work
- IT literate and familiar with G-suite such as Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Docs & Sheets etc
- Proactive approach to getting things done and a willingness to get hand on if needs be
- Demonstrable experience of the Ocado Technology principles; Autonomy, Trust, Learn Fast, Collaboration, Craftsmanship and Leadership
What we can offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.