(Senior) Product Marketing Manager, Hatfield & Remote based working, UK
At Ocado, in everything we do, we strive to offer the very best to our customers - the best service, the best quality and the very best customer experience. That begins with each and every one of us and how we behave.
Smart Platform (OSP) is an end-to-end online retail platform combining micro-service based software with modular and scalable hardware. It brings together innovative technologies such as our highly automated warehouses, we call them Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs), with market leading software such as our highly efficient routing engines or our highly optimized supply chain & forecasting systems. We are now looking for a highly experienced Product Marketing senior to join our growing team.
The Ocado Solutions Product Marketing Manager will be instrumental in defining our product and market positioning and will take ownership of developing and delivering the right content, platform adoption, and customer programs through a wide range of marketing efforts.
This is a proactively cross-functional role that interacts with almost every aspect of the business. This position requires a highly motivated individual with previous experience leading product marketing and GTM strategy, and who is comfortable in a fast-moving environment. The successful candidate will be customer-oriented, self-motivated and results-driven.
Key Customers and Collaborators include:
- Chief Product Officer
- Chief Commercial Officer
- CEO, Ocado Technology
- Head of Product, Ocado Technology
- Head of Product Marketing
- Head of Solutions Management
- Head of Solutions Architecture
- Commercial Management Team
- Product Management Team
Product Team Responsibilities
- Following our company ethos of 'Always Way Ahead’
- Own the end-to-end product strategy which will determine our road map of capabilities
- Be the voice of the market by augmenting our own concepts with market research & competitor analysis
- Constantly balance the needs of our mission and client requests with conscious respect of our contractual commitments
- Own client product communication, ensure detailed client understanding and happy acceptance of what will be delivered by when.
- Setting, documenting and achieving, clear and tangible business objectives for each capability
- Own business goal level road maps and the capabilities that underpin them
- Prioritisation of these capability road maps is essential as we operate in an agile and fast paced environment
- Market research: discover problems, insights and trends in the market
- Competitive analysis: Have a pulse on competitors and be able to articulate how Ocado and OSP differentiates from other solutions.
- Content Development: Work with the Product Management Teams to define product positioning, messaging, and marketing programmes that support the sales and product launch processes.
- Content Creation: Create and deliver materials that support marketing campaigns, customer programmes, and most importantly, the sales and launch processes; This also requires working with agencies.
- Asset assessment: inventory all assets (technical, skills, services, other) and determine ways that they can be leveraged.
- Launch: plan, execute and measure the effectiveness of go-to-market strategy.
- Sales enablement: use your market and product knowledge to help sales align their selling process to the way the market wants to buy - collaborate with sales re: product and launch updates.
- Cross-functional working: Develop strong relationships and collaborate closely with stakeholders, both internally and externally, ensuring regular communication across the business.
- Customer programmes: As we grow more and more customer development, case studies, user groups will develop. You will need to drive and support many of these programmes.
- Events: Support the Ocado Solutions events strategy and execution. This includes the development of roadshows, updates, user group meetings, and the Annual Beyond Product Conference and Leaders Club.
- Work closely with the Head of Product Marketing to ensure relevant, quality and up to date collateral of material is available to showcase the Ocado Smart Platform to potential clients.
Core Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years demonstrable experience in a software, online, or technology marketing field
- working cross-functionally, both internally and externally
- Experience developing content & written documents in a professional setting
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strategic, but competent with hands-on tactical execution
- Experience using MS Office, Google Docs, and Confluence
Desired and preferred experience:
- Experience working for technology companies
- Able to quickly understand and explain technical complex subjects and technologies
- Able to analyse business practices and systems to produce supporting documentation
- Excellent problem solving and strong analytical skills;
- Experience with customer segmentation, profiling, and targeting
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and highly visible projects
- Proven ability to deliver results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Ability to conceptualize, scope, and execute projects to strict deadlines
- Confident, self-motivated individual with strong, demonstrable bias for action
- Proven ability to move fast in an ambiguous environment without close supervision
- Experience in the Product Development and Launch Cycle: Can work effectively with Product & Engineering teams
- Great communication skills, written and verbal
- Be smart, creative and persistent
- Passionate about your work and about being part of something special
- A strong sense of urgency and ownership
- Organization – strong sense of process and project reporting
- Retail / Grocery industry knowledge desirable
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income protection
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 with 5 year's service
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We will always aim to respond to everyone who applies for one of our roles. Sometimes though we have a lot of applicants and it takes us a little while to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of your application, then you should take it that you have not been successful on this occasion and accept our apologies that we didn’t manage to get back to you personally.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.